Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do you plan to buy a new truck in the next year? Vote YES or NO - If YES, which brand
YES 562 28.98%
NO 970 50.03%
Chev/GMC 271 13.98%
Dodge 179 9.23%
Ford 333 17.17%
Toyota 231 11.91%
Other 42 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1939. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Plan To Buy A New Truck In The Next Year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:10 PM

Re: Do You Plan To Buy A New Truck In The Next Year?

Been looking for a 99ish Jeep Comanche with a 6cy and a 5spd with an 8ft bed for years. Maby this will be my year!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member

Have been considering a Power Wagon BUT when I went to price one out they do not have leather as an option!!! Oh well maybe the Limited F150 4x4 with the 6.2!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member

The 92 Extended cab short box 4.3 5speed silverodo 4x2 is getting a little long in the tooth (334,000)
Seams all they make are automatics anymore.
So...... my new truck is a 98 extended cab long box 2500HD 350 5 speed 4x4 with only 180,000 on it. $2000 + $200 for a set of good used tires on rims + $20 worth of door bushings leaves a lotta funds for supplies
Old 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Whatever I buy, will be from an American owned company.
Had a bad a few bad experiences with foreign rigs. Heres what happened to one of the foreign rigs I owned. I blew up 3 engines in 1 1/2 years! (2.2re was supposedly a good motor.....ya right, not in this case,....3 times in a row). All this for the supposed great mileage,.... 11-12 MPG wasnt too great afterall! Not to mention the last engine jumped out of time 3 times in 4 months. Pretty bad when you gotta wind up in 3rd gear just to do the speed limmit. Always hered how tough they were for a small pickup, but I was very dissapointed to say the least. Caught itself on fire once from a blown muffler, going down the highway on my way to work, mind you. Nothing but bad things to say about that pickup. Other experiences with the only other 2 foreign cars I ever owned werent near as bad, but none were what I would call good.
I may have blown a motor or two in my younger years from Chevy, but I was to blame, for hot rodding the snott out of it. Cant blame the motor nor the manufacturer for teenagers dirving like teenagers drive.
I currently own a 00' Jeep Wrangler, and a 07' Dodge Laramie, and will soon own another Chevy pickup(mid 90's), and a newer used, suv from Chevy, Dodge, or Ford, + a 47 Willyz pickup to fix up for mamma, my kids, and/or me to cruze in style for special occasions .
My Dodge hemi has got 22.6 mpg avg(best ever) from Bonney lake Wa., down I-5 toPortland, then over Mt. Hood to home in Central Oregon. I will continue to support American vehicles only after my experiences.
If you own foreign rigs, great, I hope you have continued success with them, and never experience what I have with them.
In fact if you own a foreign vehicle, I hope your experience with them is as good as Blipelts. He has one sweet lookin rig, and it sounds like its as dependable as well, I wish you many good years, and good times in your rig.
I am bummed tho, cause now I wont be cheering for my favorite Nascar driver (Kasey Kahne) next year while he's in the redbull toyota. Sooooo bummed I actually called one of his relitaves, and told him I wouldnt speak to him for a whole year after that, heheheheheehe. They all had a good laugh, and called me a dumb *****, hahahaha, he's gonna be back in an American car, Chevy, in 2012, but sponsorship being what it is, what other choice did he have. They said they would pass the msg along tho. I doubt he cares one way or the other, but I gotta flip him crap for it, cause he's my favorite driver.
I'm with ya on the foreign rigs. I had an 85 Toy4x4 that was bullet proof (it was the old non fuel injected 22R) but since, I've killed 2 Toys and am pretty close to a kill on my current 04 Frontier. This Nissan has been the worst truck I've ever owned. I've dumped well over $4000 into it in the last 20k miles, and the P O S is still in need of some help( I don't even rod the stupid thing). It kills me to look at my old 92 Chevy work truck that has had a total of about $100 put into it over the last 70k+ miles. I'm going back to Chevy the second this stupid Nissan is paid off, I might even try a newer Dodge. But if it doesn't have a made in USA sticker on it, you won't see it in my driveway!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Silver Member

I bought a Chevy Colorado last year just befor my Pdog trip

Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Bronze Member

Still driving the Chevy ZR2 with 176k. Starts at the flick of a wrist runs well, milage sucks but for 11 years old, I can't complain too much. Running to Colorado this year with it ----again. I'll run it till the wheels fall off.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Silver Member

does an equinox count....do these really get good gas mileage?