Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do you plan to buy a new truck in the next year? Vote YES or NO - If YES, which brand
YES 562 28.98%
NO 970 50.03%
Chev/GMC 271 13.98%
Dodge 179 9.23%
Ford 333 17.17%
Toyota 231 11.91%
Other 42 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1939. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Plan To Buy A New Truck In The Next Year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Silver Member

Re: Do You Plan To Buy A New Truck In The Next Year?

My 2004 quad cab Hemi has served me well and will hopefully continue to for a long time. We'll be buying the wife a van come next summer, so I will get her car for work. The truck will sit in the garage and be used for hunting, hauling, and towing. I vowed that as long as my truck is still running, I will not buy a different one unless I can pay for it in cash. I guess between the kids and all the other bills, I don't need another one cluttering up the check book.

That'll probably change as soon as I fall in love with some lifted, decked out truck!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member

I will NEVER buy a Chevy /GMC, after the government just gave them a pass on paying taxes on approx. 46 billion dollars of future profit. Thats after sticking the original bond holders when Chevy went broke and the goverment bailed them out, and gave the company to union ownership.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3toes View Post
ive had my 08 z71 ex. cab for 9 mounths now, ripped off front spoiler chasing whitetails around buffalo co. other than that no complaints, well mabe the gas milage. 20mpg???? maybe just the way i drive. just got a new 250 super duty for work, it about shook my fillings out runnin on interstate I94 yesterday!!
I have a 2005 Ft. Waybe built Chevy half ton. It's a standard cab short wheelbase truck in the 6100lb. GVW package Ordered it with the 5.3 motor, and it's fairly loaded (everything but leather). It's just as solid today as it was five years ago. The content sticker said 93% U.S. PARTS content; that's jobs where we need over here, unlike a Ford or Toyota. Somebody said he was getting 20mpg out of his truck on the highway; I almost always see 18.5 to 19.5mpg on the highway (even in 4 wheel drive). But I hate the way it rides with that short bed and short wheel base, and I see little need for 17" tires! I ordered the truck with the manual 4 wheeldrive selecter rather than a push button. It can be very stiff in extreme cold weather. My next truck will be similar, but with a long bed
gary
Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
I will NEVER buy a Chevy /GMC, after the government just gave them a pass on paying taxes on approx. 46 billion dollars of future profit. Thats after sticking the original bond holders when Chevy went broke and the goverment bailed them out, and gave the company to union ownership.
perhaps you need to dig in a little deeper with your statement. Ford is in good financil shape on the backs of the U.S. citizen. Ford out sources 70% of the parts, and the vast majority of that 70% are in China, Vietnam, and Malaysia. What do these three countries have in common? They hate us. Where as a G.M. product will at the minimum have a 65% in house content, and some are in the 90's. Once again that's jobs badly needed. Ford next to Navstar has bilked more suppliers out of money than any heavy manufacturer in North America. If you ever had to do any serious business with Ford, you'd soon learn to hate them (and I just kinda smoothed it over).

But most of all, I'll never own a Ford because I don't like Nazis, and anti-semites
gary
Old 11-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Platinum Member

Gary,
What ever you might think of Ford, at least they are a privately run company making a profit, not sucking at the tit of the Federal government getting bailouts and tax breaks. You might want to research your facts alittle more.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Silver Member

nope actually getting rid of the 2wd tacoma for a mitsubishi outlander...dont judge me im a single dad and need the room. and before you all say i should get a 4dr full sized truck i just cant afford it. 28years old, single dad of a 3yo little girl and in college. gotta kill to eat not look cool
Old 12-04-2010, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member

I plan to buy a new truck in the next 6 months. I will will more than likely buy another GMC..