Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do you plan to buy a new truck in the next year? Vote YES or NO - If YES, which brand
YES 562 28.98%
NO 970 50.03%
Chev/GMC 271 13.98%
Dodge 179 9.23%
Ford 333 17.17%
Toyota 231 11.91%
Other 42 2.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1939. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Plan To Buy A New Truck In The Next Year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Gold Member

Re: Do You Plan To Buy A New Truck In The Next Year?

Hoping to be In a position to sell my GMC (give me cash) this year. Hope to be able to get a Toyota Tundra
Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Silver Member

Traded my 02 Silverado with 310,000 on it for a new 09 F-150 back in Jan. Very happy with the F-150 and after I got rid of the factory exaust system that was putting far too much back pressure on the engine with a properly designed and installed dual exaust. Doing this got rid of the spongy shifts between first and third gears in the 6 speed auto and fuel mileage has increased on average 4-1/2 miles per gallon in combined city/highway driving. Just need a good long highway run to see what she really can do.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

I have to vent a little. Is chevy the only one who is rifle friendly now. I looked at Toyota, Dodge, and Chevy/GMC today. I drove several, but the main problem most have is a center console. The toyota I couldn't even think about setting my rifle beside me. Dodge anything newer than 06 forget it. Chevy was the only one with the room. I am in the market for a new pickup but nothing out there serves me(I am not a Ford fan). I also will mention I am in a state where you don't have to case and unload(magazine) your rifle. If anybody has bought a new vehicle that has the ultimate hunting options please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipelt View Post
I have to vent a little. Is chevy the only one who is rifle friendly now. I looked at Toyota, Dodge, and Chevy/GMC today. I drove several, but the main problem most have is a center console. The toyota I couldn't even think about setting my rifle beside me. Dodge anything newer than 06 forget it. Chevy was the only one with the room. I am in the market for a new pickup but nothing out there serves me(I am not a Ford fan). I also will mention I am in a state where you don't have to case and unload(magazine) your rifle. If anybody has bought a new vehicle that has the ultimate hunting options please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.
Brent
Brent,

I know what you mean. My 1993 Chev Suburban has served me well (still going strong but will have to prepare when its final days come ) throughout the years but I need a truck.

Below belongs to my son's friend at the USAFA. IIRC, it has 8 inch lift and 37 inch tires. I was drooling when he gave me a quick look. It suits my "want" and is wife approved.

I would prefer a longer bed and probably diesel but I can't really find anything on this truck that does not meet my "wants".

Good luck!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

Ed, I actually bought a new toyota tundra about six months ago. I bought the double cab 4X4 with only to options, Cold weather package and the towing package. I wanted the towing package for the 4:30 gear ratio. I put new 10ply tires on it with flares and running boards to keep the rock chips down. This way I got my bench seat I wanted, no tinted windows, and no auto lights. I looked for quite awhile before I found something that suited me.

Here is a link to a few pics of my new pickup:
Making it my own!!!

ps I only went an 1" higher than factory, my daughter struggles to get in already!!

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran

Last edited by blipelt; 10-16-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: never mind!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 AM

My '98 Z71 has 240,000 on it and still great!

but it would be good to have an extra truck as a back up ;)
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member

Whatever I buy, will be from an American owned company.
Had a bad a few bad experiences with foreign rigs. Heres what happened to one of the foreign rigs I owned. I blew up 3 engines in 1 1/2 years! (2.2re was supposedly a good motor.....ya right, not in this case,....3 times in a row). All this for the supposed great mileage,.... 11-12 MPG wasnt too great afterall! Not to mention the last engine jumped out of time 3 times in 4 months. Pretty bad when you gotta wind up in 3rd gear just to do the speed limmit. Always hered how tough they were for a small pickup, but I was very dissapointed to say the least. Caught itself on fire once from a blown muffler, going down the highway on my way to work, mind you. Nothing but bad things to say about that pickup. Other experiences with the only other 2 foreign cars I ever owned werent near as bad, but none were what I would call good.
I may have blown a motor or two in my younger years from Chevy, but I was to blame, for hot rodding the snott out of it. Cant blame the motor nor the manufacturer for teenagers dirving like teenagers drive.
I currently own a 00' Jeep Wrangler, and a 07' Dodge Laramie, and will soon own another Chevy pickup(mid 90's), and a newer used, suv from Chevy, Dodge, or Ford, + a 47 Willyz pickup to fix up for mamma, my kids, and/or me to cruze in style for special occasions .
My Dodge hemi has got 22.6 mpg avg(best ever) from Bonney lake Wa., down I-5 toPortland, then over Mt. Hood to home in Central Oregon. I will continue to support American vehicles only after my experiences.
If you own foreign rigs, great, I hope you have continued success with them, and never experience what I have with them.
In fact if you own a foreign vehicle, I hope your experience with them is as good as Blipelts. He has one sweet lookin rig, and it sounds like its as dependable as well, I wish you many good years, and good times in your rig.
I am bummed tho, cause now I wont be cheering for my favorite Nascar driver (Kasey Kahne) next year while he's in the redbull toyota. Sooooo bummed I actually called one of his relitaves, and told him I wouldnt speak to him for a whole year after that, heheheheheehe. They all had a good laugh, and called me a dumb *****, hahahaha, he's gonna be back in an American car, Chevy, in 2012, but sponsorship being what it is, what other choice did he have. They said they would pass the msg along tho. I doubt he cares one way or the other, but I gotta flip him crap for it, cause he's my favorite driver.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Last edited by winmag; 10-19-2010 at 10:42 AM.