Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do You Hunt Ducks or Geese?
YES 899 48.73%
NO 946 51.27%
Voters: 1845. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Hunt Ducks or Geese?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Do You Hunt Ducks or Geese?

Love the bird hunt, but find it gets pumped by big game hunts.Did get out twice last fall and loved it!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Silver Member

Love duck hunting too. Pass up about 90% of them cause they are mostly merganser (taste like dirt mixed with bugs). Find 'em in 30' wide semi-swift rivers, never had a set up to have 'em flying to me. That would be nice though.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Silver Member

I live 15 miles from Stuttgart AR and everybody here but me hunts ducks. I hate it. Get up at 330 in the morning so you can ride 45 minutes in a boat in 20-30 degree weather, usually raining, wade a half mile carrying your gun, plenty of ammo, a massive decoy bag and the rest of your gear. You get your stuff set up and then put out the decoys, kill five ducks, gather your stuff and do it again in backwards order and go home. Not for me. I prefer deer hunting. Got the whole summer and early fall to get your stand ready when it is time to hunt, I go to my little house on the hill, its a ten minute four wheeler ride, and if I feel like walking I will park a quarter mile away, and walk the trail to my stand, if I don't I will ride straight to it. go in my stand, sit down, light the heater, hang out and watch for deer to walk out at 715, 840, and 935 in the mean time watch the back side of the hill in hopes that grand daddy slips up and shows me more than his head. then at least once every weekend a have a group come by I haven't seen before in a new area. That is how I like to hunt. Otherwise I get down off the stand grab ol' thumper (encore 45/70) and go slippin down in the creek bottom.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Silver Member

Both. Nothing like hunting with friends eating great food and telling stories.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:51 AM
Bronze Member

Just getting started, Got a goose last year and shot at some mallards, which was fun. A little range time this summer should help. Goose opens the Sept. 1!
My boy will be able to hunt this year, so It will be a great time regardless of what we get.
Sausage is a good way, I just filet the breast, the rest is coyote bait.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Silver Member

i feel dumb saying this but i used to hunt ducks like a fanatic. i used to hunt with a browning bps and 2 dozen decoys. i said to myself "this is getting too expensive" so i began my real bird passion of hunting quail. so i bought a $1800 beretta ultalight...now im having a custom LR rig being built. I feel retarded killed a lot of birds though. still love quail hunting.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Bronze Member

My main hunting is Snow Geese,AKA White Devils!! Love a Good snow shoot!!