Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do you hunt coyotes?
YES 2,297 83.10%
NO 467 16.90%
Voters: 2764. You may not vote on this poll

Do you hunt coyotes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: Do you hunt coyotes?

I try to make it out every chance i get. I leave em alone in the spring and summer though. The contests around here start after elk season so the timing is perfect for me.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 AM

Love to hunt the yotes....................in my eyes they are one of the hardest animals to hunt successfully all the time. But when you do it all right, its really hard to beat that feeling of success, especially with the calling techniques

I have had my best success hunting coyotes in the Dakotas but would luv to get the chance to hunt them in Montana or Wyoming if the opportunity arises. I have also hunted them in Missouri which is a blast too

Quote:
You need to use the icon with the picture of the mountain scene to get the images to display, nice going!
Anywhere in the world in 18 hours or less.
"Death from Above" - "Airborne Rangers lead the way!"
Special Operations Command (SOCOM)

USCCA, NRA, NWTF, RMEF, and DU member

"Hunt hard, shoot straight, kill humanely, never apologize!"

Last edited by Len Backus; 03-20-2009 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Added the pics
Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 AM
PUBLISHER

long range doggr, tell me about your screen name, describe your hunting technique that led to the name.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
long range doggr, tell me about your screen name, describe your hunting technique that led to the name.

Nothing really that special to tell.But it got started on a lucky shot i took on a yote when i was sixteen(many moons ago).

My dad was a ranch manager for a big outfit in northern nevada.As most know during calving season seeing coyotes around the herd is verry disturbing.Me my dad and another ranch hand were checking cattle from the pick up when we spotted a couple to close to the heifers.

We bailed out of the truck.My dad had a 222 and i had his 25.06.Dad dropped the first one.And i got the second one with a long shot on the run.Deffinatly the luckiest shot i've ever made.

To this day we still have no idea how far it was.But a few of my dads freinds started kiddin me about the "long range"thing and i guess it kinda stuck.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:50 PM

(Quote)

You need to use the icon with the picture of the mountain scene to get the images to display, nice going!

(Quote)

Thanks Len for the technical assistance on posting those two pics. I was kinda struggling with them to make it attach to the thread
Anywhere in the world in 18 hours or less.
"Death from Above" - "Airborne Rangers lead the way!"
Special Operations Command (SOCOM)

USCCA, NRA, NWTF, RMEF, and DU member

"Hunt hard, shoot straight, kill humanely, never apologize!"
Old 07-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Gold Member

A coyote or two come around to get my dog to run with them. I would feel bad if I killed her friends.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Silver Member

Plus 1 on the " I try"! Haven't been out but once this year, must be getting old.