Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do you ever go on outfitted hunts?
I have in the past 571 32.61%
I plan to in the future 755 43.12%
I probably never will in the future 726 41.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1751. You may not vote on this poll

Do you ever go on outfitted hunts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Do you ever go on outfitted hunts?

My only guided hunt so far was a Pronghorn hunt I took in '99 with Table Mountain Outfitters. I had a great time and killed a fantastic (I think) first buck.

If I ever do another guided or outfitted hunt it will probably be to Africa and that will require some good financial fortune.

I have had successful DIY hunts for Mule Deer(1), Elk (1), Pronghorn(3) and numerous Whitetails. I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing it myself.

Bob
Old 12-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Bronze Member

Canned hunts?

Went on one for hogs.

I don't consider it very sporting if they tie the hog to the tree with a rope shorter than 10'.

About as challenging and "fair chase" as buying a package of sausages at Loblaws.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Bronze Member

I live in alaska for right now and would love to go on a guided hunt but the price of them it most likely will not happen. I have two little girls who might like to go to college.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Bronze Member

Just booked a Elk hunt in Alberta Canada today. Now have to get in shape.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason View Post
I'd like to but probably won't get it put together. I'm younger with a young family. I just feel like if I did it, it wouldn't be fair. It's not something we can all do.
I feel ya. I'm in my early 30's with 3 kids under 5, and it is hard to imagine us all going. It is a lot easier for us all to go on a Disney Cruise for seven grand, and it's definitely more appealing to the wife and kids. I've been lucky enough to be able to hunt white tail and hogs at my dispense my whole life. That being said, I'm making more money, buying bigger guns and I'm not giving up on the dream. I've just recently learned about the draw hunts in my state and have heard lots of success stories and the youth hunts seem to be a good deal and I believe that the hunting and shooting culture is good for the kids.

The way things are going on the family ranch, I've got a couple of more years of good hunting ahead of me. If I dont start getting drawn after that, I guess something will have to give.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricedo View Post
Canned hunts?

Went on one for hogs.

I don't consider it very sporting if they tie the hog to the tree with a rope shorter than 10'.

About as challenging and "fair chase" as buying a package of sausages at Loblaws.
Yeah, if you pay enough you can shoot a pet. I love the guys who go on deer hunts to shoot a deer that has a name and known age. They hang them up on their walls and call themselves hunters. But I guess if I had the money I might go on a few "animal shoots".
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 AM

I am a guide and outfitter,, lately I've been concerned with making $ and finishing long term building projects.