Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?
Yes 890 47.07%
No 1,001 52.93%
Voters: 1891. You may not vote on this poll

Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

You know, actually this thread brings a memory back.

When I was a youngster, my Dad made me a slingshot from the crotch of a small tree. He had spent a lot of time on it as my Dad was somewhat of a perfectionist anyway. He had inlet grooves for the rubber bands at the end of each limb. The bands were two industrial size rubber bands and the pocket was made from a chunk of soft leather he had salvaged from an old leather work boot. I learned how to shoot it half way descent, mostly scavenging the best round rocks I could find in the Missouri Rivers sandy soil. It was deadly on birds within 20 feet and I regularly launched rocks at ripples out to the middle of the river and shot turtles, frogs and other dangerous game along the river bank. One day I found a marble on the ground. I had an epiphany an stuck it into my pocket. I thought wow, now I have some real ammo just in case I come across something big! I carried that marble around for most of the summer. I never did find a critter worthy of using my weapon of mass destruction. I think I eventually lost my big game hunting marble and thankfully, I never did run across a brown bear wandering the river banks of western Iowa.

Tom
Old 01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member

''Comfisherman'' Has a great point with legal use of hippies for bait!
Slingshots, Why not! This may not be the proper Christian attitude, but ''theres something to be said for natural selection!''......This topic might give TRED BARTA some new TV ideas, but ill keep my distance!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 01-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Silver Member

A slingshot/catapult is fine just as long as you've got a backup piece , maybe a spoon?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

Roaddog1m, That was one hilarious post! you should put it in the humor section/thread. I almost felt like I was the kid in your story.
Lucky for the brown bear you didnt run accross him with slingshot ammo that potent.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Gold Member

I feel they should legalize, would sure make for some great youtube footage

Maybe Byran can comment if Berger is planning on coming out with some slingshot VLDs?
Old 02-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Bronze Member

As long as someone is filming and it's posted. Would you need to get at tag? Or just one for your toe.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Bronze Member

Not only do I think they should be legalized, I think we members of Longrange hunting should put together a paid trip for BO,P and B to hunt them!