Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Which is the better hunting bullet?
Barnes TSX/TTSX 417 61.05%
Nosler Partition 266 38.95%
Voters: 683. You may not vote on this poll

Barnes TSX/TTSX vs Nosler Partition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Gold Member

Re: Barnes TSX/TTSX vs Nosler Partition

Just found one that I had been looking for to show you guys what happens when they slow way down. 700 yd shot. Entered through the lung heart area and lodged in between the shoulders. This cow didn't run but stood where I shot her for maybe 20 seconds before tipping over.

This is another 225 gr Barnes tsx

Left to right, 700 yds, 550 yds, 200 yds

All three were lung heart shots.

Barnes TSX/TTSX vs Nosler Partition-image.jpg

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 06-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Gold Member

Cont. of Barnes tsx

Barnes TSX/TTSX vs Nosler Partition-image.jpg

Old 06-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Silver Member

Great pictures!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

Yes, great pics and data, thanks 500. Shows why its important to keep expected impact velocity in mind especially if you are pushing the envelope in the cartridge (power) for game selection. In these cases, the caliber was no where near marginal so I'm sure quite devastating in all 3 instances.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Gold Member

I was hoping I had some pictures of the chest cavity on that cow hit at 700 yds. But I guess I don't. It was pretty damn impressive! If I wouldn't have found the bullet I would have thought I could have stretch her a little more. With that shot I maxed out the elevation on my Burris signature 4-16x44 taking that shot. It was like it was meant to be.. In two ways scope maxed out like a half minute under what I needed and second The lack of bullets in the rifle... i had just shot my buck and a doe and then these elk jumped out of the trees and headed up over the mountain. Heat of the moment handed the deer tags to my nephew to go tag the deer and took off after the elk. No backpack just my Leica an orange vest and a rifle. When I got onto them they were on the across ridge from me making there way to the top of the mountain. Not In a big hurry though. There was one big cow in the back and I decided she was going to be my contestant. I ranged it dialed it and sent it... Whoopoo!!! seen it hit as a lung shot she stumbles a bit but did not go down.. I jacked the bolt again and squeezed the trigger to drop her.... Click... Well **** bad primer.. Counted to ten went to eject the round and nothing came out... It all was clear then the panic came over me.. Please drop!! Please drop!! Pleas drop. That next ten seconds took about for ever then she tipped over. What a relief that was!! I now carry 3 extras in my pants pocket for if for some god unknown reason this happens again lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootin4fun View Post
Yes, great pics and data, thanks 500. Shows why its important to keep expected impact velocity in mind especially if you are pushing the envelope in the cartridge (power) for game selection. In these cases, the caliber was no where near marginal so I'm sure quite devastating in all 3 instances.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 PM

I have had very good results with barnes bullets out or my 338-378 from moose to deer. On the other hand my brother uses nosler partitions with good results
Old 07-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Gold Member

I think when it comes to killing efficiency, it's a draw. IME, accuracy is more than likely going to the Barnes.

Alan