Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Polls

Polls These will all be Admin initiated polls.

View Poll Results: Which is the better hunting bullet?
Barnes TSX/TTSX 417 61.05%
Nosler Partition 266 38.95%
Voters: 683. You may not vote on this poll

Barnes TSX/TTSX vs Nosler Partition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Silver Member

Barnes TSX/TTSX vs Nosler Partition

Feel free to explain your vote, or share your experiences with these bullets.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Barnes TSX/TTSX vs Nosler Partition

Unless I missed it, you might explain the circumstances of the vote. Are we shooting fuzzy wuzzies? Big? Little? 500yds? 800yds? 6mm? 338? That would help unless the intent is just to start an arguement, I MEAN DISCUSSION

I used a Partition in my 6mmAI for 'yotes (killed an crap load of jack rabbits) etc. With the perfomance of them on a 60yd Badger, I will not be using them for anything heavier.

I killed or seen killed (hunting partners) dozens of animals from jacks to elk, I have yet to see any negative effects; provided the shooter does their part of course.

Then again, as stated in a tra-zillion (that's a lot) other threads. There is no "best" bullet, doesn't exist. Bullets are selected in direct relation to the application.

I will have to give the accuracy edge to the Barnes, I have yet to have difficulty in getting them to shoot. From 6mm to 458 & many in between. The one Partition I did use shot well too, consistent .3's @ 100yds, but that is my only experience (besides the splatter effect).

Let the Trash Talking Begin!!

Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member

None of your three would be my choice but between them I'd to with the Barnes.

The Partition is a great penetrater but it's all but useless at long range due to the flat base, BC, and lack of expansion at lower velocieties.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
None of your three would be my choice but between them I'd to with the Barnes.

The Partition is a great penetrater but it's all but useless at long range due to the flat base, BC, and lack of expansion at lower velocieties.
Wildrose what would your choice be? A scirocco (hope I spelled that right) or a Hornady sst or interbond?

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

Last edited by barnesuser28; 08-02-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Wildrose what would your choice be? I scirocco (hope I spelled that right) or a Hornady sst or interbond?
SST or Sirocco. Don't feel bad I keep trying to put an extra C in it too HA!

The more I shoot the Sirocco II the more I like them but I just don't have the history with them I do with the Hornady Bullets.

On tough stuff like Elk where penetration can be a Problem I'd stick with the tried and true Interbond over the other two but the SST and Sirocco are going to open better and low velocities going through only or primarily soft tissue vs the Interbond.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member

I voted for Barnes but in all fairness, I have never used a partition. The barnes are easy to load, accurate and every animal that I have shot with them (which is quite a few) have never gone more than 10-20 yds before falling over dead. The size of the animals were as small as a whitetail to as big as a oryx and oryx are some pretty tough critters.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Gold Member

I've never had a one shot kill with the Barnes TSX . I'd sure pick a partition over the Barnes .