Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Other Stuff For Sale

Jeff Hankins kentucky gunsmith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Silver Member

Jeff Hankins kentucky gunsmith

For Your Information:
having to sue kentucky gunsmith jeff hankins as he refuses to return action/parts because i caught him lying to me (again). work ok but took nearly 2 years to finish four rifles. when i drove 5 hundred miles to get rifles and settle up had no bills(after 20 mos?) and claimed we made a deal to trade $2300 in stuff for a $1400 bill. later said the bill really was $2100. now, after i caught him in ANOTHER lie he is so angered with me he is holding hostage my stuff, says i owe him another $600 and gave me a month to pay it and he will sell my stuff and "take care of my bill". what a nightmare. said i needed check for scope i sold him in mail next day to cover bill. postmarked week later. thinks i didn't/won't notice. check was short, late, and i complained. he said he didn't have internet for a week. i called several #'s several times and left messages. another lie. BIG mistake, watch out for this guy. have retarded voice message saying i now owe him $300 more for action, now he says over $600, and last week traded barrel, stock and part of above scope to COMPLETELY clear my account. all this is over me complaining over late payment. have proof. just ask. beware.

Last edited by joeltsprecher; 04-25-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Silver Member

Re: Jeff Hankins kentucky gunsmith

I live 30 minutes from Jeff. Have talked with him face to face on several occasions. Never had a problem. He did a rebarrel job for me last year. Did good work at a fair price. Rifle shot well under MOA. I have parts at his shop now for a custom build. Like most good gunsmiths, he is covered over with work. Much of it repeat customers. I expect to continue to do business with him well into the future.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 PM

I also have done business with Hankins custom and Jeff is a standup guy. He's built one rifle and done work on two others for me. He's building a 243 AI for me right now. I'm sure it will be a great shooter, just like the others. Like Orion I will be using Jeff's services well into the future.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Silver Member

I talked with him last summer about a build or a rebarrel. Seemed like an ok guy to me. Sorry you've had such a mess.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Bronze Member

I've only had one experience with Jeff Hankins but it was positive. He built a very accurate F class rifle on my Savage target action. Good work at a fair price and on schedule.