Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Other Stuff For Sale

Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

Sharon,
PM SENT,
JIM
Old 02-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Silver Member

Recieved wallets today. Really like the extra pocket for charts. Good stuff

Grin
Old 02-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Platinum Member

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Sharon. I have sent PM to her from this site, with no response. I need contact imformation. I would like to order 3 ammo wallets, and also had a couple of ideas I would like to discuss.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Silver Member

PM sent with contact info.

Willys46
Old 02-24-2009, 07:51 PM

Hey guy's, I am wanting to ( Move ) this (Ammo Book) thing to the. For Sale forum of ' other stuff ' and get it off this form LR shooting Thread.
I contacted one of the Moderators to ask about it. This is Not a retail business. I have a real job that pays my bills and buys my bullets and does not involve any sewing. I would just like to take this thing to the FS section and just bump it up once in a while to let you guys know going on with the Ammo Wallet making.
seriously, (this ammo book thing) It kind of just fell into my lap when I was not paying to much attention. One of the local guys ( that I made books for him and brother) that I shoot 600 practice told me he was talking about my work on this LongrangehuntingCom forum and I went and checked it out. And Now, "here I am."
also, I am really NOT making jack on these Ammo Books. Just making Min. Wage if best. So this little profit of Ammo Book just goes into my 'Beer drinking kitty' if even that.

& ALSO: looking for a little feed-back from the guys who bought them off me. Are they working all right ? or are they in need of improvement ? . (keep in mind) I am just trying to get a container for Ammo that is just a basic 'folding book' with as little as possible in pieces but able to carry to the field and store/protect loaded Rounds and then your Empties till reloaded. No Velcro to wear-out or Buckles or snaps. but a smooth ammo Holder for the Field & Pack. "just keeping simple", as sometimes 'having less is more' .
-
*** for the couple guys asking*** for the .408 CT Ammo Book. I am sitting down the next couple evenings and working out the pattern to cut-out for you.
It will be a couple dollars more over the Reg. 35-$. for the .338 Books. based on my 'new found knowledge' of just how big that .408 CT is. I will let you know pretty quick though on what it is going to be. & Wow that .408 CT is just plain a Long-Range Monster.

& thanks.. for you guys likeing what I make.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Bronze Member

I started this thread and am glad that I did. Love the wallets however I must admit I haven't had live rounds it them yet, just the casings. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll have the live rounds.

The wallet being made of hard material really makes the wallet feel solid. The tab to hold the wallet together is so much better then Velcro or a strap. It's also nice to have a pocket inside for ballistics data.

For $35 bucks you are getting a quality wallet here that in my opinion would be very hard to beat.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:13 AM

Thanks. I think you will be surprised when you get tit filled-up with lead and powder. I always use the best material when I sew because I sew things for people like I am going to using it myself. .. ;)
Ya a lot of people are not aware of that "tab' for closing, that you are referring to. It is a "Tuck-Flap closing Tab" it has an internal stiffener plate inside when seam bound. That tucks inside the opposing side mating slot when Wallet is folded closed. It held firm and 'Closed' tight just by the internal Full-volume of the contents of the container (the ammo Book). No Velcro or Buckels or bets and snaps.
The Tuck Flap system has been around for many years and is used extensively now for the closing of Parachute Harness container systems in the skydive industry. And that's were I learned how to use this closing system for the Ammo Books that I am making for you guys. Para Rigging, thats were my skill comes from in sewing and how I got a room full of comercal machines @ my finger tips for my own personal gear making too.

Last edited by Sharon Tate; 02-25-2009 at 12:23 AM.