Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Other Stuff For Sale

Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

I found a guy at Snipers Hide Forums who made me a couple of hard ammo wallets. These things are great. They are for .338 RUM shells, hold 20 rounds and are made with hard inserts so the wallet is solid when closed.

His name on the forum is softcock. If you can't find him send me a pm and I will get you the info. These things are great.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz4me2 View Post
I found a guy at Snipers Hide Forums who made me a couple of hard ammo wallets. These things are great. They are for .338 RUM shells, hold 20 rounds and are made with hard inserts so the wallet is solid when closed.

His name on the forum is softcock. If you can't find him send me a pm and I will get you the info. These things are great.
Buzz,
I picked mine up from him on Tuesday night. They are really nice. Here are some pics!

The shell is a 7 rem Mag, but as you can see, its a long throated one. OAL 3.600. He made the pattern from a 338 edge round, so the RUM diffenitly fit!

The nice thing is there is no velcro to wear out opr make noise.

I am sure Buzz you will be very happy. And yes he is a good guy to deal with.

Willys46

Here is one I got for 308 win

Old 02-07-2009, 03:04 AM

Hello. & my 1st post here and 1st time to log-in. I don't sell or buy here on this web. forum either. So to the Moderator, if I am breaking the rules by Posting. Please Delete.
I was approached by a member (from this site) to make a couple of Ammo books, specific sized for. RUM-Edge-.338 LP mag. cartridge fit.
I did up a pattern for 20-round case and made a couple for him. I also while doing his cut-out a few more also to be sold in case there were a couple extra big Mag. shooters who needed Ammo books for there Packs.
also: I noticed one post saying that they are, ' sewn Homemade '. While true I sew them where I live, I do Not Sew on my momma's Singer. I am a formal trained. I have my own complete rigging/sew loft. With commercial machines. A couple of Single needle, ziz-gag,strait stitch combo walk-foot machines.- Serger - Bar-Tack - Double Needle with seem binder & Harness machine able to do #5 cord thread.
A small but able little set-up but it is not my formal trade that I do for a living. And that's the way I like it.

(ammo books). They are my Own Design that I use. Very smooth and nice tight little brick of a book when filled. They stay closed also with No buckles and No Velcro to wear-out. . "Almost looks like I know what I am doing ".
These are more of a Ammo 'Book' than a soft folding wallet. They have keep and have a ridged but flexable shape when folded or un-folded laying next to you on the mat when shooting. I have been using my ammo books for a couple years and I like them for storage of live rounds and also when shooting I can slide my empties back inside to keep them from getting boogered-up till I re-load them.

The extra Ammo Books I made are in (desert camo) all sewn nylon #69 thread - nylon Cordura material inside and outsider shell with nylon seam-binding tape stitched double needle with milspec. elastic keepers. with pocket divider inside for re-load info etc. and lanyard-loop to secure to your pack, to prevent from, 'losing it from your pack'.
Patterned for, 20-Round Books - RUM - Edge - .338 lapua . size cartridge. also: if your total cartridge OAL is under 4-inch. You will be GTG.

-
They extra one's I have are ( 35-$ plus shipping )
(believe me when I say this) . @ 35-$ each. I am not making but Min. Wage sewing these ammo wallets. I am doing it because 'I can' and also because I shoot.
Hm. e-mail for contact info. ... yoda99goin_in@ ... verizon.net . (remove the ... for e-mail)
looks like I got . Four extra, 20-round books done on the cutting table.
.... & They LOOKY Like DIs.

Last edited by Sharon Tate; 02-07-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Silver Member

Can you make some for the 408 CT case? Case OAL is 4.1 inches. What is the cost? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:03 PM

I know what the chey tac cartridge basically is but actually I have never fondled one . What's the parent case ?
Sounds just a tad longer in the OAL as the Edge or LP mags. but is it much thicker in the case Diam. ?
Sounds like just cutting the pattern just a tad longer in the adaptation of OAL cartridge length is all that is needed because of the elastic keepers are pretty forgiving. So they sound pretty doable.

Hey cap-off me a dummy case and mail to me if that is possible. (If you are feeling generous.)
No primmer & powder in it, Use a spent case that is worn-out And just put a cheaper-$$ bullet in it ( that's a joke... ) other that those high-tech spendy 408 CNC turned,high BC pay-check burners projectiles.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Silver Member

Google 408 Chey-Tac, and go to Wikipedia. They list the case dimensions.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Tate View Post
I know what the chey tac cartridge basically is but actually I have never fondled one . What's the parent case ?
Sounds just a tad longer in the OAL as the Edge or LP mags. but is it much thicker in the case Diam. ?
Sounds like just cutting the pattern just a tad longer in the adaptation of OAL cartridge length is all that is needed because of the elastic keepers are pretty forgiving. So they sound pretty doable.

Hey cap-off me a dummy case and mail to me if that is possible. (If you are feeling generous.)
No primmer & powder in it, Use a spent case that is worn-out And just put a cheaper-$$ bullet in it ( that's a joke... ) other that those high-tech spendy 408 CNC turned,high BC pay-check burners projectiles.
The parent case is .505 Gibbs.
I would also be interested in a 408 case wallet, do you have German Flecktarn 5 color camo?

Cheers,

Master Diver