Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Other Stuff For Sale

Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

Thanks everyone for the info.

The blackhawk one is what I'm looking for. The problem is I found the exact same thing at Triad Tactical and according to Steve the .308 is too small for a .338 round and the .50 cal model is too large. He sent me to Stu and Red Tac and he said he couldn't help me either. IF these guys say that it won't work then I'm pretty skeptical that it can.

Does anyone here have first hand knowledge if this .308 ammo wallet will work for the .338?

I did find another person at Snipers Hide that did some home made ones and they look really nice. He hasn't made any in some time but he sounds willing to put a couple together for me. If I could buy something off the shelf instead of bother him that may work out better.

So if anyone knows if this will work for the .338 please respond. THANKS
Old 01-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Silver Member

They work. you might only get a round in every other slot depending on how tightly they are sewn but the black hawks work. Beside if it isnt exactly what you want they have a return policy.

I am the way I am because I watched the movies "Red Dawn" and "Tremors" at a impressionable age.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Sponsor

I use the Blackhawk holder described above for the 308. I can get all 20 rounds of 338 Edge in it, but usually only fill the bottom row with 10. They will work. 338 Lapua work in them but work better if you skip every other one and load the top and bottom to get 10 rounds in it.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659
Old 01-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz4me2 View Post
Thanks everyone for the info.

The blackhawk one is what I'm looking for. The problem is I found the exact same thing at Triad Tactical and according to Steve the .308 is too small for a .338 round and the .50 cal model is too large. He sent me to Stu and Red Tac and he said he couldn't help me either. IF these guys say that it won't work then I'm pretty skeptical that it can.

Does anyone here have first hand knowledge if this .308 ammo wallet will work for the .338?

I did find another person at Snipers Hide that did some home made ones and they look really nice. He hasn't made any in some time but he sounds willing to put a couple together for me. If I could buy something off the shelf instead of bother him that may work out better.

So if anyone knows if this will work for the .338 please respond. THANKS
BUZZ,
I shoot with the guy you contacted on Snipershide, and all i can say is his stuff is top notch. When he said he was making one for the RUM I ordered two.

He always has something new, Did you see his pack for the folding ACI stock. It was really nice! If it said Blackhawk on it, he could sell it for a ton!

By the way, how did you find him?

Willys46
Old 01-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Silver Member

There is another link at Blackhack for hunting pouches in Mag Rifle

BLACKHAWK! Folding Mag Rifle Cartridge Carrier - BLACKHAWK!

Also TexasHuntCo.com

Texas Hunt Co.

Good Luck

Southpaw

Last edited by Southpaw; 01-25-2009 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member

You can search "leather ammo wallet" on ebay. There are several companies that list them htere in a variety of zsizes.

You can email them and they have all sizes to include the largest calibers for Africa.

BH
Old 01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks everyone for your responses, I really appreciate them. I decided to have someone from Snipers Hide make me one. I'll let you all know how it turns out. If I like it I'll pass along his info because I think he's going to make several and try to sell them.

Willys46,
I found him by doing a general search on ammo wallets and came across his thread from 07. It showed some nice pics of the ones he made so I contacted him. He seems like a really nice guy and I look foreword to seeing how they turn out.

Thanks again everyone.