Moved to correct forum
Okay all, hereís the deal. Iíve decided that I want to turn my shooting attention to competition. Iím keeping one hunting rifle in the stable and for my purposes the old .270 is beating out the new .300 RUM that I finished up a couple years ago. Kills me to do this but Iím just not going to have the time and funds to give this setup the attention it deserves. Iím looking to sell everything as a lot as it would be a perfect long range hunting starter kit for someone with a Savage or Stevenís action. To your door for $400
Hereís the goods;
1. -Shilen 30Ē #S7 contour, Select Match Stainless Steel, 1 in 10 twist barrel chambered for .300 RUM with 291 rounds down the tube. This barrel is threaded for standard small ring Savage and Stevenís actions.
2. - 69 Berger 210 Grain Hunting VLDís
3. -RCBS FL die set with a cartridge case that I modified to use as an OAL gauge
4. -Savage 110 magnum bolt head
5. -Allen 14 round ammo carrier with belt loops
6. -88 Remington .300 RUM cases
a. 18 fired twice Ė sized, trimmed and primed with CCI Magnum Primers (Marked with a 3 in blue Sharpie)
b. 10 fired three times Ė sized, trimmed and primed with CCI Magnum Primers (Marked with a 4 in blue Sharpie)
c. 20 fired 3 times Ė not de-primed (marked with a 3 in blue Sharpie)
d. 40 fired 4 times Ė not de-primed (marked with a 4 in blue Sharpie)
7. -3 Ė 22 round smoke colored MTM Case-Gard shell boxes
Load development was very easy and very successful with this setup. The pictures below show a 3 shot group at 300 yards measuring about an inch across and two shots touching on a 300 yard gong.
Thereís well over $550 invested in this setup. Iíd like to keep it all together for now so Iím going to list it all at a price of $400 to your door. If I donít have any takers in a few weeks, I will part it out and sell separate.
For trades, Iím looking at getting into Palma with this action and need a good .308 barrel. Iíd consider a barrel with a reasonable round count as long as it was threaded for a Small Savage, had a 2Ē long, 0.75Ē tennon on the end for a sight and was a minimum of 30Ē long. Iíd prefer an 11 twist but Iím open to others. Other considerations would be competition sight sets, front or rear.
Thanks for looking!
Group at 300. Shots 1 and 2 to the left, than scope adjusted
Gong at 300
All the goods
Brass, boxes and bullets
Bullets, dies and ammo carrier
Barrel and Bolt Head
Listed on other forums