Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

WTB: Marlin XL7 Replacement Stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Bronze Member

WTB: Marlin XL7 Replacement Stock

I have a new Marlin XL7 that I would like to find a replacement stock for.

It comes with the cheap synthetic that is already pillar bedded, but it's too light to handle the recoil for me.

Instead of selling it and taking a loss and buying a Savage (which is what I truly want), I'd like to add a good stock to it and make it super sharp. I believe it will shoot as accurately as the Savage, just with a better stock.

Anyone ideas or where to go to get one would be appreciated. I put this request here just in case someone has a stock that will fit it.

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 08-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: WTB: Marlin XL7 Replacement Stock

what cal is the rifle? Have you thought about moding the stock or even ad a beter recoil pad. The stock on that rifle is prety lite but alot of time there are several tricks you can do for it. As far as a new stock good luck there that is a relaticly new gun and there is not alot of after market stocks out there for it
Matt
Old 08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoman80 View Post
what cal is the rifle? Have you thought about moding the stock or even ad a beter recoil pad. The stock on that rifle is prety lite but alot of time there are several tricks you can do for it. As far as a new stock good luck there that is a relaticly new gun and there is not alot of after market stocks out there for it
Matt
It's a .270WIN. I have heard about the tricks out there... I've added a bullet wrap along with a tripod for varminting (and when I'm not out varminting the weight ratio seems to be alright as well). I think I've going to be alright without another stock, but I just wanted something a little bit easier to manipulate in terms of recoil control. Thanks for the recoil pad idea. i'll try that and see as well.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Silver Member

well as far as the stock modifications go the sk is the limit. you can cut . reform fill and do all sorts of things to that stock. infact there is an artical on here in the last weak that showed what i am talking about. you can add weight to the but of the stock if you need to or the the muzzle end you are not limited to add ons ( bullet holders and such) with some few basic materilas you can do alot to your stock your self. Shoot me a pm if you want and i will discuss it more
Matt
Old 01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Bronze Member

i know this thread is old but boyd's makes a few different models of stocks for the xl7 and xs7