Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

SOLD FS Mcmillan HTG/TEX Win 70 SA (IN)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Silver Member

SOLD FS Mcmillan HTG/TEX Win 70 SA (IN)

SOLD

Customer changed his mind and I have to order another stock. I am posting here to offer a good deal to members of the forum before I send it back to McMillan

Here are the factory specs and a description

HTG/TEX (win) PAINT, BLACK, RH, SPR 70, FAC DBM, SPR B/C, CDI STANDARD, 13.5" 2 studs #708

The General Purpose Hunting (HTG) stock is the original M40A1 Marine Sniper Rifle stock as originally designed by McMillan. It can be used for either short or long actions, as well as ADL (blind magazine),BDL (hinged floorplate)or DBM. It will take any barrel contour up to a #8. This stock can also be used for most Remington, Winchester, and Savage actions. The HTG is available with our without texture on forend and pistol grip. Available in right or left hand.

This stock has the textured grip and forend.

$375.00 plus shipping US only. No trades needed

For any of you who just purchased the barreled actions from CDNN, this is a drop in stock for those actions. The barrel channel is larger, but it is available now.

Last edited by safarihunter; 07-20-2008 at 09:18 AM. Reason: update description
Old 07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member

sorry I don't understand the acronyms in your post, so I'll just ask. Do you have photos, and will this fit my ultimate shadow action & bottom metal, which is being rebarrelled with a pacnor #4 contour. did you say this is a blind magazine?
Old 07-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Silver Member

mcmillan

The barrel channel on the stock is a heavy barrel profile and it is for a detachable magazine.

You can look uip the specs on the McMillan web site
Old 07-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member

specs?

Is this the one you're selling? Pictures would be nice.

I couldn't find any "SPECS" on the macmillan website, besides this type of basic description. Sorry, still lost with the acronyms...:confused:

HTG (GENERAL PURPOSE HUNTING)

This is the original M40A1 Marine Sniper Rifle stock that was originally designed for a heavy barrel. It can be used for either short or long Savage actions and will take any barrel contour up to a #8. The HTG is available with our without texture on forend and pistol grip. Available in right or left hand.

The pdf catalog says:
HTG [GENERAL PURPOSE HUNTING]
The General Purpose Hunting (HTG) is the original M40A1 Marine Sniper Rifle stock as originally designed by
McMillan for a heavy barrel Remington 700. It can be used for either short or long actions, as well as ADL (blind
magazine) or BDL (hinged floorplate). It will take any barrel contour up to a #8. This stock can also be used for
most Remington, Winchester, and Savage actions. The HTG is available with or without texture on forend and pistol
grip. Available in right and left hand.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:29 PM

I'll take it
Old 07-31-2008, 05:35 PM

Hey Safarihunter, just got the stock and it looks great!! Thanks for the deal.