Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

Rem 700 LA Receiver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Rem 700 LA Receiver

I apologize everyone. I haven't had time to check the forum lately and haven't been receiving any email notifications that I had responses or pm's. I'm responding to the messages in the order they were received.

Unfortunately, I am going to be away from the internet again for a few days starting tomorrow evening. I'll do my best to make this work. Again, I apologize.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Bronze Member

Your page is not excepting PMs.. I was unable to PM a Response to your Message.. I Defaulted to the email option Instead. Steve
Old 04-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Silver Member

Is the Remington action still forsale?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Bronze Member

Both receivers appear to be spf to stcummingsjr
Old 04-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member

Please, may I ask why that is when his post of incoming PM was over an hour after mine?

I kinda felt I was up first when I posted up 8 minutes after you listed the bare receiver for sale?

And also why do you say "Both receivers appear to be spf to stcummingsjr " when you told me by PM he replied before me and that was 3 weeks ago. Is the transaction not final by now?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Bronze Member

First off, your pm was with questions. His pm was "I'll take it." Followed by another pm that said he'll take both. I'll admit, I dropped the ball on keeping up with the thread. All the email notifications were going to my junk mail. The receiver had been listed for awhile without much interest, so I just figured no one wanted it. Either way, "I'll take it" trumps questions.

Second off, I don't live on the internet. I have a job and interests that take me to places where there is often not phone or internet (as do many people, I'm sure). I was not able to check my email for the past 4 days. I said it "appears" to be sold because we are still working out the details of the transaction. That post was in response to the previous one asking if the receiver was still available.

I did make it a point to address pm's in the order they came and referenced those to the posts on the thread. You were the third person to say, "I'll take it." You had questions first, I understand. And maybe I should have given you first dibs simply because you were the first pm I received. But, again, I went with the first to give a commitment. No hard feelings I hope.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member

No the receiver was newly listed to your thread. I replied 8 minutes later as shown by time stamp. The action had been listed a while yes. There was no indication if the receiver had been modified, trued or threads cleaned in your description. Since I wanted to install a factory barrel, it needed to have threads that were not are opened slightly like is often done when a custom barrel is being installed. Thus the reason I wanted to have that one question answered before I stated I would take it. I thought my post would secure my position. I made it a point to be available. That is evident by my other multiple posts in the thread asking for your response. Later on I too stated I would take it as long as the threads are factory and not opened. Again at this point knowing I had indeed replied to your post 8 minutes after it was listed for sale. Also nowhere did you post "first I'll take it trumps" like so many do.

Hard feelings, no its not worth that. But would I have handled this differently if it were me selling an item. Yes Sir I would have. Do I feel I got a fair shake. No Sir, not so much.

Good day.

Jeff