Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

NEW BAT Hunter Receivers for sale.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

The single BAT RL receiver without the barrel installed has been sold.

The 338 Allen Xpress barreled receiver on the same model BAT receiver is still for sale.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Lightvarmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
LV,

Standard Rem 700 floorplates or compatable magazines work fine with these receivers.
Kirby,

I was talking about the trigger hanger plate. Did the bolts come cut that way or did you have to modify them?

James
Old 07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

LV,

What is wrong with pinned in triggers?

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Lightvarmint

Quote:
LV,

What is wrong with pinned in triggers?
Kirby,

My question to you is what is wrong with the trigger hangers?

Pinned triggers require the action to totally removed from the stock for a thorough cleaning especially if you are in an area that is dusty. The trigger hanger allows the trigger to be removed without having to remove the barrelled action from the stock.

From a tool perspective, one would only need the hex (not allen) wrenches to remove the trigger and clean it off/out. With a pinned trigger system, you would have to have both the hex (again not allen) wrenches, pin punches and a driver to smack the punch.

In short, the hangers allow for a more thorough cleaning with fewer tools. I found this very important on a hunt in Colorado (the red gritty dirt got everywhere) and that is why I require that all my travel guns have trigger hangers.

BTW, did the bolt come from BAT with the relief cut in the bottom of it?

Have a nice day.

James
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Nothing wrong with either method and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Pinned in triggers can not be removed without pulling the barreled receiver, that is true, they also can not come loose.......

The more you take out a trigger hanger the more wear you put on it as most are made out of aluminum.

Also, if your in a dusty area, its a simple matter to hit a pinned in trigger from top and bottom with a blast of dry compressed air and I have yet to see this not clean a dry trigger. Of course of the triggers get wet they should be removed and cleaned.

Simply put, both systems work well and while each has advantages and disadvantages.

IF this is a deal breaker thats fine, its easy to order a BAT with a trigger hanger and wait for 6-10 months to get it......

I ordered these receivers because that is what the original customer wanted, I tend to do what my customers want as long as there is nothing in their plans that will prevent an accurate and functional rifle which a pinned in trigger certainly will not prevent.

Anyway, they are pinned triggers so they are not what you want.

THese are new out of the box BAT RL receivers from BAT. I have made not modifications at all to them and do not modify custom receivers as there is no need. Just order then as the customer or I want so no need to modify when I get them in. Not to mention thats THE BEST way to void any warantee offered by the manufacturer.

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com

Last edited by Fiftydriver; 07-07-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Silver Member

50, sent pm. please check when you get a chance
Old 07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Lightvarmint

Quote:
Nothing wrong with either method and both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Pinned in triggers can not be removed without pulling the barreled receiver, that is true, they also can not come loose.......

The more you take out a trigger hanger the more wear you put on it as most are made out of aluminum.

Also, if your in a dusty area, its a simple matter to hit a pinned in trigger from top and bottom with a blast of dry compressed air and I have yet to see this not clean a dry trigger. Of course of the triggers get wet they should be removed and cleaned.

Simply put, both systems work well and while each has advantages and disadvantages.

IF this is a deal breaker thats fine, its easy to order a BAT with a trigger hanger and wait for 6-10 months to get it......

I ordered these receivers because that is what the original customer wanted, I tend to do what my customers want as long as there is nothing in their plans that will prevent an accurate and functional rifle which a pinned in trigger certainly will not prevent.

Anyway, they are pinned triggers so they are not what you want.

THese are new out of the box BAT RL receivers from BAT. I have made not modifications at all to them and do not modify custom receivers as there is no need. Just order then as the customer or I want so no need to modify when I get them in. Not to mention thats THE BEST way to void any warantee offered by the manufacturer.
I haven't seen any loosen up yet. Mine are all stainless. Another good point on the hanger is that they were designed for the glue-in rifles. I have never heard of one getting loose. Anyway, good luck selling them.

James