Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

LTB- barrel, savage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 02:36 AM
Silver Member

Re: LTB- barrel, savage

McGowen only makes one grade of barrel "match grade". Every barrel is hand lapped for the price you would pay for an unfinished blank and there is no wait time! I don't have any experience with northland mainly because I have never been wble to get ahold of Jim he is a very busy guy.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Silver Member

Jim at Northland will help you figure out the caliber, twist, match chamber or standard chamber depending on what your going to do with the rifle. Very Helpful! Ordered a barrel a while back from Jim and waiting for shipment.

Fred at Sharp shooters supply is also very helpful if and when you can talk with them. They are super busy right now. I have three barrels from SSS and one trued action. No problems. 2 Douglas and 1 Brux.

ER Shaw is behind I here like everyone else. I bought a 22-250 AI from them some years ago and its been a great barrel.

Factory Savage barrels are mostly good. You just have to try them and see what they like.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Silver Member

just got a hold of Dennis at McGowen in Al., he did a search an got me one i was looking for ... though not a Savage but didn't seem like i'd ever find one, S o....

thanks guys... maybe this one will be a winner