Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

Hart rifle barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hart rifle barrels

Moderators please ban user from posting. I had contacted him on Texas gun trader for a Remington 700 action and 7mm hart barrel. We agreed on a price and made arrangements to meet in Georgetown, tx because his buddy had his action. He then contacted me saying his buddy used the action for a custom build. Then I saw the listing here posted after our deal went south. I asked if he'd meet for the barrel and he said he prefered to ship only. Be careful, these assholes even steal during the holidays.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Bronze Member

This guy is mad bc we had agreed on a sale on an action that was kept in a safe in my hometown and was close to the interested buyer, so I agreed to drive and meet him if need be. I called to meet my friend who was storing the gun in his safe so I could transfer. at which time my friend informed me had used my action on his custom build. I learned of this after any posting I made and immediately informed the interested buyer and listed it as sold on my postings. It didn't cost him anything but an email. I had the 7mm barrel in my possession and didn't want to drive 2 hrs to meet him when I offered to ship it to him free!! Then he just went silent!!.. I've never has an issue with anything I have sold and never will, I am not trying to deceive or fool anyone. The money isn't a issue and if I am wrong I wil make it right. I am just a passionate gun owner and shooter like many people on here and don't want one upset guy to create a false identity for me!!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Silver Member

If you can get a couple references from here, I would be glad to buy your 7mm barrel for $305, It's just kinda scary to send out $305 especially this time of year without some sort of assurace. That and my wife is going to consider a barrel a christmas gift so I would really hate to have something go bad.

All it takes is one bad apple to wreck the bunch!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

I understand completey, I've been in your boat many times as well. I apologize for misunderstanding but I didn't want you to think i was trying to in anyway be dishonest w you or anyone for that matter!