Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

gunsmith review , hire with no worries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Bronze Member

gunsmith review , hire with no worries

i'd like to throw a plug out to a gunsmith that is a sponser here , i hired him to do some work for me after talking to him a few times on the phone about what components to use and reamer design.
i found him very helpfull and patient with me .
when the rifles were done he shipped them to me , and that's when the problem started .
the shipping agent took NO care in the delivery process and damage to my new barreled action was mostly cosmetic , but there was a few deep dents and scratches . i called the smith and i was very impressed on the attitude he took on the whole situation . you learn the most about people when the chips are down . he IS truely concerned about his customers satisfaction !!
he sent me a shipping label and paid for the return shipping to him and fixed the damage and shipped it back to me , the turn around time was 8 days , with shipping time .
he did an excellent job on the fix and made sure i was satisfied with the outcome.
he has earned my future biusness .
i can tell you if your planning a build , or just looking to buy some of his inventory, buy with confidence. he will go above and beyond to make you happy .

now to top that , all that happened 2 weeks ago , this past wkend i got the time to shoot the new rig after fitting the stock to it , and it shoots very well , so his craftsmanship is right on also .

the smith : "barreled by harold "
www.haroldsgunsmithing.com

most of the time you only here about the bad deals people have , so i thought i'd even it up some and let you all know about a stand up man that knows how to build a rifle .

thanks for your time
DUG
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member

Re: gunsmith review , hire with no worries

Why would you allow him to pay the shipping and do the repairs for no charge if the damage was caused by the shipping company?
Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Harold Fredd and Greg Young are two of the best in the business.
Harold has been at it for quite a few years; he certainly knows his way around the lathe.
I've stocked a few barreld actions that came from Harold and his attention to detail is quite apparent in the finished product.

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Silver Member

This is great to hear. Harold is doing a barreled action for me right now. I hope to have it and shoot it soon. I will post results asap.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Bronze Member

as a reply to why would i let him pay for the return shipping ... he insistead it to be that way , and it was quicker to get the problem resolved and the rifle back to me for the caribou trip the last wk in aug. waiting for a claim onthe shipping company would only take more time to resolve.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Bronze Member

update on the rifle , after some load developing the rifle holds 1/2 moa or less at 500 yrds. i'm very happy !
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
gunsmith review , hire with no worries-dsc00078.jpg  
Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Bronze Member

I'm liking the looks of the rifle. Care to share some specs?