Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

Canadian wants to buy a stock that is unavailable in Canada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 01:16 PM

Canadian wants to buy a stock that is unavailable in Canada

I've been drooling over this stock on Stocky's website for quite some time now and really want to buy one.

*SPECIAL SALE* Bobby Hart Long Range Target / Tactical (LRT) Remington 700 BDL / Savage 10/12 (4.40) Laminated Heavy Barrel Riflestocks (Right & Left Hand Models)

I talked to Stocky's directly and they said they will not ship to a Canadian address. They also told me that if anyone in Canada sold these stocks, they were not aware of it. Does anybody stateside have one of these stocks that they would like to get rid of? Would anybody be willing to possibly mail me a new one if i covered all the costs involved?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Canadian wants to buy a stock that is unavailable in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached Whale View Post
I've been drooling over this stock on Stocky's website for quite some time now and really want to buy one.

*SPECIAL SALE* Bobby Hart Long Range Target / Tactical (LRT) Remington 700 BDL / Savage 10/12 (4.40) Laminated Heavy Barrel Riflestocks (Right & Left Hand Models)

I talked to Stocky's directly and they said they will not ship to a Canadian address. They also told me that if anyone in Canada sold these stocks, they were not aware of it. Does anybody stateside have one of these stocks that they would like to get rid of? Would anybody be willing to possibly mail me a new one if i covered all the costs involved?
if you can show me that its legal and doesnt require an exporter or any special licensing i will do it.

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Well guys, here's the long and short of it...

It is a violation of Title 19, United States Code, Section 1595a(d), Title 22, United States Code, Section 401 and Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130 to send a stock outside of the US, as gun stocks are listed on the Department of Commerce, Commerce Control List, (CCL).

Don't ask me how I know these specifics Maybe because U.S. Customs and Border Protection corresponded with me very recently. We had coffee together as we went over the six page document I received...

If you are out of the US, and want to purchase the stock, you will need to involve both an importer and an exporter, and you will need to complete the required documentation on both ends.

I continue to sell stocks to a Canadian sporting goods company who has engaged the services of an exporter in Washington state to take care of all the required red tape. I can provide the specific information in a pm if you are interested.

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member

That clears that up. Offer retracted.. sorry

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Silver Member

American companies can sell and ship rifle stocks north of the border to a Canadian adress without issue as long as the value of the stock is less than $100. I've bought a few stocks from Boyd's without issue. I've bought quite a few used stocks from people in USA that were valued under $100 without issue as well.

If you wish to purchase a higher priced stock, there are several good importers that will help you out. PM me if you'd like to know the info on a good one

Eric.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Sorry guys, I looked into the Canadian side of things but totally forgot about the American side of things. I guess i assumed that because your gun control laws down there are generally looser than the ones we have here it wouldn't be a problem.

I'll do a little more research next time before i involve anybody other than myself.

Again, my apologies.

As far as Boyd's stocks are concerned, they dont have anything similar to the Hart stock I want shown on their website for a LA 700 rifle. Do they make something similar and just not list it?

As far as hiring an importer, most seem to want a $150 fee for importing a rifle part, which doesn"t really make a lot of sense for a $220 rifle stock. The combined $370 would go a long way towards something local.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Silver Member

It wouldn't hurt to call Clay at Prophet River in Loydminster, Alberta and ask him what he'd charge to bring it in.