Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.

Buddy broke a stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member

Buddy broke a stock

My buddys dad is an olg guy in his 80's that insists on going hunting alone...long story short he fell (he is ok) but he broke the stock on his Browning BBR So I am looking for a stock for him. any stock will work...maybe boyds makes one? Anyway Let me if anyone know of one or where to get one. Needs to be Long action

Get a JOB! I already feed the bears, I dont need to feed you too!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 08-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Gold Member

Re: Buddy broke a stock

The BBR is a pain in the butt to find stocks for but I found a place that will do them for their normal price plus a $25 set up fee. I was going to buy a stock from them for my Ruger 77/17 and my old BBR (ended up selling it) before I got married but never got around to it. I honestly have no experience with the company so I couldn't say anything about their quality or service but it's a start.

Actions Available

The only other place I ever found that would do the BBR inlet was McMillan

McMillan Hunting Stocks, McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, Synthetic Stocks, Hunting & Sport Stocks

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:30 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Buddy broke a stock

Try giving Browning a call. I found that their service is excellent. I have never used their rifles, but had an old Belgium made o/u shotgun that had a cracked wrist. They replaced both the butt and forearm with wood that would melt your heart, and spruced up the action and metalwork at no charge. It turned out that back in the 60's a lot of walnut had a defect due to high salt content. This eventually could cause the wood to split. This was 40+ years later, and I was not the original owner.....that is good service!