Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

WTB Winchester WLRM primers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

WTB Winchester WLRM primers

Anybody that can sell me a couple hundred or a thousand?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: WTB Winchester WLRM primers

you and me both, I have 70 left.
I have 25000 federal mags comming and half are sold. I hate to have to switch primers when the WLRM are working great for me.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:01 AM
Platinum Member

Yah no kidding, you and about a gazillion other people!!!

My preference in primers is as follows, Federal, CCI, Win, and last Rems which I admit to never buying any Rem primers...

I hate ordering powder/primers because of the hazmat fee. I cant buy enough to make it worth it, so I'm stuck buying locally, which means I"m pretty much screwed...I've had to cahnge primers about like I change my underpants the last 2 years, LOL...

I got the last brick of WLRM and WLR at Bi-Mart a couple weeks ago, and that was only because they've been out of CCI forever. I had to give up on Federals as Bimart never carried them in the first place, however Sportsmans did. Notice I say "did". Sportsmans hasn't had a Federal rifle primer that I can remember in about 2 years!!!! I guess if I HAD to, I would buy Rems, but they cant be found locally either.

Good luck on the primer quest!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Silver Member

My local gun shop had plenty yesterday.You might check some of the smaller older established shops in your area.I'd break out the phone book and start calling.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Silver Member

Keep check at your shops. I picked up 15000 various primers this past weekend and they were from new shipment. I would help you out but its not worth getting caught shipping them.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

I broke out the phonebook and found a sporting good store 1/2 hour from me. Soooo I call them and ask them what they got for reloading supllies and he says well what are you looking for?? Turns out he had powder, bullets, primers, cases and quite a few of pretty much everything at that. Yes the prices were a couple bucks more then walmart or bimart, but at least they can keep them in stock!! What I dont get is that the bigger stores are usually on a automatic type thing where they are suppose to get shipments in when they are out of something. I've called every week when the shipment gets to bimart for months now and nothing. How can mom and pop stores still be able to get supplies but bigger stores cant seem to get a dam thing??
Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

Because we give a rats ass about our customers, and bend over to make them happy. You think the big chains could give a flyin duck about your needs, Profits rule there world.