Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

WTB: PO Ackley Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders Vol. 1 and 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Silver Member

Re: WTB: PO Ackley Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders Vol. 1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkballedtarget View Post
Hers a question I had...

Does the information in the books change from the books that were printed in the 50s vs the books that were released later? Is there any additional charts or sections?

Thanks,
Calvin

I received a reprint copy of the 1962 handbook yesterday from Cornell Pub. The actual load info is long out of date as I don't recognize some of the powders nor some of the cartridges mentioned in the book. And the rifles they talk about modifying include 03 Springfields, various Mausers, Arisakas and the like.

However, a chapter on reduced loads explained a problem I nearly experienced recently. The theory explained made sense. There is enough detail that I need to re-read the chapter again tonight (probably tomorrow night too) to understand the small details more completely.

Other chapters on headspace, pressures, etc., I'm sure are certainly as relevant today as they were then.

A 'do nothing' Congress is not always a bad thing. If they pass enough laws, it should be entirely possible to sterilize one's complete life experience.

"The 'tolerant' left has come full circle... and has now become what they so despised."