Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

WTB: PO Ackley Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders Vol. 1 and 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Silver Member

Re: WTB: PO Ackley Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders Vol. 1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2506shooter View Post
Vol 2 in stock. Vol 1 sold out. I just checked. Hurry and grab the vol 2 before it sells out too! I believe there is an extensive article on hunting with the swift in vol 1 if my memory serves me right. Of course it's out of stock. After buying those books I went out and purchased a swift myself!
Thank you for the heads up!!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Silver Member

Thank you for all of the responses and pms! I think I was able to respond to everyone, if not my apologies! I ended up finding a set of the hard covers, so I snagged them up! I think I would like to get a set of the paperbacks to leave in the reloading room. But before that happens I need to make a tuition payment...... Soo I'll be getting back to y'all!

Thanks again,

Calvin
Old 03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Silver Member

Calvin, 2506shooter has a good memory. I don't so I looked it up. In vol.1 starting on page 73 is an enlightening story on the Swift. You're gonna enjoy those books, there's so much "old" info that's still valid today. Congrats on finding them and be sure to thank whoever told you about them!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnut View Post
Calvin, 2506shooter has a good memory. I don't so I looked it up. In vol.1 starting on page 73 is an enlightening story on the Swift. You're gonna enjoy those books, there's so much "old" info that's still valid today. Congrats on finding them and be sure to thank whoever told you about them!

Will do!! I am very excited to get my hands on them and read what Mr. Ackley's thoughts were on the swift!

I have a feeling by the time I am finished with them I may "need" and Ackley Improved....

I have an opportunity to pic up a 700 VSSF II 220 Swift AI. Im not sure that I can justify it right now. Its not going anywhere, so maybe in a couple of weeks.

Thanks to everyone!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Silver Member

Location: NY, #50 on the all time best States to live in! and droppin' fast! :)

I found this today for those who might want or need the books.

Cornell Publications -Handbook for Shooters & Reloaders Vol I 1962 Ackley-Wildcat

These folks have reprints of the other Ackley books as well as others.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Silver Member

Hers a question I had...

Does the information in the books change from the books that were printed in the 50s vs the books that were released later? Is there any additional charts or sections?

Thanks,
Calvin
Old 03-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Silver Member

Should be no changes, it's a re-print. There's been a lot of "re-inventing the wheel" when it comes to cartridges. These books will show what I mean. The info contained may be old, but only new powders and bullets have done most of the changing. There's a wealth of info to glean from these books that is just as applicable today as it was back then.