Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

Reloading dies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Reloading dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaders_loft View Post
Spoke with Forster yesterday. They are $25 +thecost of the die and 3week turnaround. You provide the reamer. I have a few Forster dies and they are very nice.
Thanks for posting this information. That's a bargain. Now we'd need to confirm that the reamer they require is the chamber reamer, rather than a resizing reamer which would be different reamer manufactured a few thousanths smaller in diameter. I'd be using Forster's service if the chamber reamer is sufficient and I owned or had access to the chamber reamer.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member

All of my dies are made by my smith who makes them at the same time he chambers. Then the 12L14 goes to be carborized then back to be polished and blued. Not cheap but they are perfect. The seating die is a Wilson that can be reamed to finish dimension and it is done. Be careful with the 338 Imp---not every version is the same. I have several rifles in 338 Slowpoke which is a improved version and my reamer may not be the same as yours --- a small difference ruin case life, accuracy etc.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
All of my dies are made by my smith who makes them at the same time he chambers. Then the 12L14 goes to be carborized then back to be polished and blued. Not cheap but they are perfect. The seating die is a Wilson that can be reamed to finish dimension and it is done. Be careful with the 338 Imp---not every version is the same. I have several rifles in 338 Slowpoke which is a improved version and my reamer may not be the same as yours --- a small difference ruin case life, accuracy etc.
Your smith has a 2nd reamer manufactured slightly undersized compared to the reamer used to cut the barrel chamber? For purposes of making the dies?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Your smith has a 2nd reamer manufactured slightly undersized compared to the reamer used to cut the barrel chamber? For purposes of making the dies?

Yes I do it is easy--- Kiff knows my rifles are built by Speedy (except the wood ones) and knows the drill when I order reamers to Speedy's specs. All of mine are sitting in a box so when I need a new tube or die I will have them if needed. One thing Speedy taught me ALWAYS keep your reamers and do not let anyone borrow then.

Last edited by Boss Hoss; 03-19-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Silver Member

X2 on the Newlon route, They are a little pricey but they are the best! And Boss, can I borrow one of your reamers??? lol, jk
Old 03-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit10-4 View Post
X2 on the Newlon route, They are a little pricey but they are the best! And Boss, can I borrow one of your reamers??? lol, jk
No problem-------

As Long As Speedy Uses Them!!

Am serious as a heart attack about that!!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Silver Member

You dont need the under sized reamer if you build a bushing die and a body die. Newlon dies work great for this.