Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

Press/Scale wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM

Press/Scale wanted

Was on track in buying a RCBS Kit but after reading some reviews decided to go a different route. Mainly, I dont want to replace stuff down the road and there were a couple things in that kit I wasnt too excited about anyways.

I like the RCBS press and 505 scale. Thats about it. I have been using Lee equipment and for the price seems to be a good starter kit but not sure I want to go that route either. So, I figured i would try something different.

Ok, get to the point. Looking for a good press, scale and powder thrower. The rest I can purchase new. I know we have a lot of reloaders here with spare equipment and hoping to find someone desperate enough to part with thier stuff that is no longer being used or needed.

I have a .300 WSM die set, cheap digital scale and calipers. Thats about it, so i will entertain any offers of anyone who is looking to part with equipment they no longer need for this caliber of weapon.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Press/Scale wanted

Snoop around at the local 'shops'/pawn shops. I've seen RCBS Jr presses for under 40 bucks and similar for scales.

I wouldn't hesitate on the Lee press when considering having to move up. You shouldn't have to with the WSM cartridge size.

I keep looking at the alignment offset between ram and head on my Rockchucker Supreme and seem to see a Lee in my future for a really precise project I'm working on.