Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

Hard to find products thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Silver Member

Re: Hard to find products thread

Desertbull, not your fault Bruno's is jacking up the price. if I had not bought some from 3rd Gen earlier this week I would of been buying too. Would not of been happy, but would have bought.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member

No issue with that, however, when you screw everyone else, it leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth and people don't forget.....
Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Bronze Member

Natchez has H4350
as of an hour ago in 1 lb for $21 and change
Old 09-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-ne-elk View Post
Desertbull, not your fault Bruno's is jacking up the price. if I had not bought some from 3rd Gen earlier this week I would of been buying too. Would not of been happy, but would have bought.
FYI, being a businessman (and having an Internet website as well as a physical retail outlet) just like Bruno's but not in this venue, I wrote a lengthy letter to Amy Bruno this morning. I don't expect an answer because, frankly, I didn't 'spare the rod' in my note about what I consider gouging the customer and being arbitrary and capricious in their pricing.

Now is not the time to be sticking it to their customer base over greed because thats what it is, when you compare their pricing to everyone else's, something I do, every morning. Shopping for components has become a daily ritual with my morning coffee.

The retail markup on our sport is already high enough without gouging even more in the name of greed or whatever.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

Wideners sold out of AA2000 pretty quickly (it's a dandy large pill 308 Caliber powder) but not before I got 16 pounds.....
Old 09-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
FYI, being a businessman (and having an Internet website as well as a physical retail outlet) just like Bruno's but not in this venue, I wrote a lengthy letter to Amy Bruno this morning. I don't expect an answer because, frankly, I didn't 'spare the rod' in my note about what I consider gouging the customer and being arbitrary and capricious in their pricing.

Now is not the time to be sticking it to their customer base over greed because thats what it is, when you compare their pricing to everyone else's, something I do, every morning. Shopping for components has become a daily ritual with my morning coffee.

The retail markup on our sport is already high enough without gouging even more in the name of greed or whatever.
That's awesome! Let us know if you get any response...
Old 09-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member

I don't believe I will because their pricing is an arbitrary action on their part (as evidenced by comparing their pricing to everyone else, something thats easy to to with the Internet). I see no logical reason other than personal greed.

Like the one poster stated, he can buy at the store, physically, and avoid the Haz-mat and ship cost, but, the pricing minus those incurred charges (something you will pay with any out of state retailer) is still higher than any other retailer.....and I used to consider Cabelas to be high priced....

At one point Graff's posted (on their Hodgdon list) that Universal Clays was unavailable due to a supply disruption, not that I use that powder (don't even own a shotgun other than a mantle piece side by side), but, at least Graffs was up front about a situation and the pricing remained unchanged.

Every retailer is incrementally raising their pricing to reflect the market, however, Bruno's jumped right in (months ago) and jacked the pricing up substantially, something I find unacceptable in light of the fact that we can all shop every retailer that has a website....