Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

Hard to find products thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hard to find products thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by longrangehunterII View Post
I ended up canceling my order at 3rd generation shooting supply for that very reason. lucky for me I was able to find all that stuff at my local shooting supply store .

They had a huge supply of reloader 33; 25; 22 and 7.
I called them regarding adding to my order and during our conversation, they said that the delay is with FedEx or UPS. They said they will only take a certain amount of Hazmat items per truck (I think it was 750 lbs, but don't quote me). He said in one day he had 7000lbs of powder orders placed.
First thought from most would be why not send more trucks to their place, but maybe that is not an option.

He said my order should be on the truck today or tomorrow, so we'll see. Can't find RL19 anywhere locally, so I don't have a choice.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuckus View Post
First thought from most would be why not send more trucks to their place, but maybe that is not an option.
Problem is, that is more "logistics" than UPS can handle.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Bronze Member

My main question is for some of these companies that have excessive orders why not hire more people? It cannot be hard to find someone that:

A. Needs a Job
B. That can count
C. That can realize they need to match the serial, product or whatever number that is on the picklist.

To me this is like throwing money and customers out the window. If these smaller companies could serve their customers that day or within 2-3 days having their orders ready to ship they would have a tremendous customer and sales base. It also seems like the places that have the sevral weeks til shipping orders are the ones that are getting majority of the reloading supplies everyone needs so boost your capacity. I realize eventually it will calm down but strike while the kettle is hot.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Bronze Member

After reading the post prior to mine I guess no matter how many workers you have if carriers can only ship certain amounts then you will be screwed. So much for my plan.

But I guess they could still do it for the non-hazmat stuff.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Bronze Member

Figure this is worth a try, I'm looking for:

6.5 Berger 140 VLD Hunting

6.5 Sierra 142 SMK

204 Sierra 39

204 Remington brass

204 Winchester brass

7WSM Winchester brass

Retumbo

If anyone knows a place this stuff is hiding please let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 04-28-2013, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerman View Post
If anyone has or knows where I can purchase some Nosler 300 RUM brass I would be most appreciative. I have been looking for several months and can't find any. I would also be interested in trading some reloading components I have that someone needs for the 300 RUM brass. Thanks!

Chuck's reloading had some 300RUM brass not Nosler brass. I bought around 300-400 RUM brass from him before and can't beat the price. Hope that helps out.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:37 AM

Ryan I just sold my 204 and I have two new bags of Winchester brass. I believe 200 pieces pm me if you're interested.