Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

Hard to find products thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Hard to find products thread

Powder valley has superformance in 1lb.ers
Old 04-12-2013, 10:36 AM

I am truly trying to get an answer for this question. I cannot get any dealers to comment.
Where has all the 4350 and Varget powder gone? Hoarders? Government acquisitions ?
Does anyone have an answer?? Thanks
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

Can't answer your question entirely, but I can say Varget was available at powder valley last week. Appear to have had a good supply of it along with many others in stock. They shipped mine immediately.
I think powders are becoming more and more available as it appears the hype is dying down, but along with that, I buy more than I may need to be stocked up, I think that is the biggest factor. I'd help you out but hazmat shipping stops us from helping one and another. Keep looking, it shows up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptatcman View Post
I am truly trying to get an answer for this question. I cannot get any dealers to comment.
Where has all the 4350 and Varget powder gone? Hoarders? Government acquisitions ?
Does anyone have an answer?? Thanks
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Silver Member

I would agree with dave it seams to be getting better. But I think the biggest thing is people that didn't backorder are not seeing the product becoming avaliable. I was really impressed with powder valley I had some bullets back ordered close to 6 months. The winchesters I wanted didn't come in but some almost identical Hornadys were in and they offered them to me cheaper then the winchesters. The Hornadys never did show up on the website as avaliable. Get on a backorder as soon as you can. Sinclair has worked out great they do free shipping on back ordered product so I placed an order and 3/4's of it was back ordered so I'm getting all that stuff with free shipping as it comes in.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Silver Member

If anyone has or knows where I can purchase some Nosler 300 RUM brass I would be most appreciative. I have been looking for several months and can't find any. I would also be interested in trading some reloading components I have that someone needs for the 300 RUM brass. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Nachez had reloader 19 two days ago when I ordered
Where can i get federal gm 215m primers?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Silver Member

Late night info. Cabelas has H4350 and the ever illusive Retumbo in stock, but don't get to excited, the are only 1 pounders and have a limit of 2, shipping charges and $20 hazmat took my cost up to $91.00, I explained the understanding of a limit, but $45 per pound? They sais they understand but they are not flexing off the limits.
Hope this helps someone, I succumbed to the price cause I needed the Retumbo.
Another note, I have heard Retumbo is showing up in multiple places and my guess it is just becoming available due to manufacturers running specific model numbers.