Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Reloading Equipment and Components

Finally got the bullets, Thanks Everyone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Finally got the bullets, Thanks Everyone

I am not sure where to ask this, or how it is done on these boards as I have not seen this happen since I have been reading and learning here. I have had a transaction go bad and I dont want this to happen to anyone else here by this person. I dont know whether to post his name and what happened or just forget about it. It wasnt a lot of money, but everyone should know what happened and be able to judge for themselves so it doesnt happen again to someone else. I guess what I am asking is where do I, and is it allowed to post about a bad transaction.

Last edited by terrier72; 12-29-2008 at 08:19 AM.

Unread 12-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Silver Member
Re: What to do?

I would definitely post the details.
Unread 12-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Gold Member

FYI, I had one go bad about three months ago and this is what I did. Look and see in there profile if they are logining in regulalry. If not, start looking for him on other boards. IF they post here they are probably registered and posting at:

and other.

Find the one they havet he most post and spend the most time. That is where there reputation means the most. Sign in and send a PM on that board and tell them you will out them aswell.

Worked for me, tracked the guy down on three boards and finally resolved it by contact him here.

Also send him a PM or email stating if its not resolved by a certian date you will post all there information that you have!

Good luck.

Unread 12-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Silver Member

......and if that doesn't work, I emailed a deadbeat on overview of his house and surrounding neighborhood obtained via a popular satellite website advising that it was only about a three hour drive from my home. I recieved the product express mail 2 days later.
Unread 12-16-2008, 10:59 AM

Heres what happened, On 9-3 I posted Ill take it for some 7mm bullets for $39. I sent the MO out and a few days later. I recieved notification that the MO had been received and that the product would be sent out. A little time went by and I received an empty package in the mail. It looked as thought the bullets had either split the packaging open or someone had opened the package and removed them. I pm'ed this person and they stated that this had never happened before and asked me to contact the PO and file a complaint and he would do the same. He also asked me to wait two weeks and see what happened I agreed. Well two weeks later and no word from the PO. So i PM'ed him and he said that he did not have the money, but his father who the bullets were actually sent from would offer me a cheaper scope in exchange for the bullets that were lost. He said he really did not want his father to lose a 120 dollar scope for 40 dollars in bullets and that if I could wait 2 weeks until he got paid that he would cover his fathers cost on the bullets and he would put a check in the mail. I agreed and said that I was in no hurry for the money. Well he posted some other bullets for sale a few weeks later and I pm'ed him and said that if he would like to try and package up some of the other bullets he was selling and send them to me we could call it even and I would not need a check or MO sent. He responded in a few days and told me that would be fine, that was on 10-23. He had logged on numerous times and would not respond to any pm's until I got this pm on 11-22.
"I will get them out this Monday. Havent had time to do much lately. Should be there next Friday or Saturday."
Well it is 12-16 and I have sent him numerous pm's and he has not bothered to repond since 11-22, even thought I know he has been on numerous times.
I understand that things happen in life and we may not be able to make good on some things, but at least let the other person know what is going on. I understand if he could not send the money. That is why I gave him a chance to send me some bullets to replace the ones that were lost. I didnt really know how to handle this because all of my other transactions on here have been great and I have not seen another post like this since I have been here. If it is allowed I will post up his name and screen name if not then I guess I will just count this as a lesson learned and not do business with him again. As a side note I thought I could trust this guy as he has close to 1700 post here.
Unread 12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by terrier72 View Post
As a side note I thought I could trust this guy as he has close to 1700 post here.
1700 Postes Here???? Hmmmmm Out the sucker....... Or at least threaten one more time if no results the out him.........That ott'a get things moving.
Unread 12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
Re: What to do? What happened posted

Were the bullets lost in shipping? If so, is this the responsibility of the sender? Not stirring the pot. I don't know. Would it be fair to split the cost of a new batch bullets? If this guy sent an empty box of bullets, out the rat.

Hammer Bullets
Advanced Technology
Simply Better

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.