Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Optics For Sale

Optics For Sale Including mounting systems

WTB: Leatherwood M-1200 ART II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 AM

WTB: Leatherwood M-1200 ART II

Hi,

I'm looking for a good used Leatherwood ART II M-1200 scope. I have a Leatherwood ART II M-1000, and really like the optic, but I need more zoom capability, and the M-1200 has just that. Has anyone here got one they would like to part with? Please let me know, PM me, or better yet, e-mail me at zeuss@mts.net with details.

Thanks for now,
Ginnz.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:16 PM

Re: WTB: Leatherwood M-1200 ART II

Hmmm. I just read a couple reviews on the M-1200 and out of five, three were real low. One guys claims the bottom of the base is interfering with case ejection on his M1-A, and another says he couldnt't get it to zero, that all shots were left of center, and the bolt handle hit the CAM.....

I dunno, If the optics on the M-1200 are any bit as good as my M-1000, the rest I can live with. I can figure out how to set the cam up, so that's no issue for me, as it seems to be for alot of other users. I need the extra zoom the M-1200 offers. I'm just thinking out loud here.... anyone have one they can't figure out and wanna dump on me? ;-)

Ginnz.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Silver Member

Re: WTB: Leatherwood M-1200 ART II

i have read bad and good reviews and even watched the videos on the camputers. i am impressed enough that i have been thinking of getting one to find out for myself. i have seen some good deals on them lately due to the Xmas specials. don't know which one i might go with, probably the M-1000 as i don't shoot past 4-500 yard range.

i have two Milletts which i read bad and good reviews, i honestly believe for the money spent i got two great scopes. they don't compare to Leupold or NightForce lenses but these i can afford and they offer great features and warranties if anything should go wrong. i don't think you can beat that!

in short, i think it's a gamble and you follow everybody else or go with your gut feeling, i did and don't regret it. how are the warranties, are you satisfied with the warranty, can you go a couple of weeks without the scope if it needs to be sent back, these you have to think about. so far i haven't had any of the problems with the Milletts i had read about and they seem to perform to my expectations. maybe i got the newer models after Bushnell took over, i don't know. they work for me!

and yes, i still contemplate buying one of the camputers and better make my decision soon before the prices go up!

good luck on whatever you decide!