Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Optics For Sale

Optics For Sale Including mounting systems

Wild Rangefinders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Silver Member

Re: Wild Rangefinders

LMK
I agree,
Nothing can compare to range vs cost vs dependable of the wild!
Thats why the varmit hunters love to get their hands on them.
They always work! sunny days, small targets, flat ground, no batteries nothing stops them.

They are so cool that I still don't know why with modern tech someone can't come up with one that would range 3-4K be 1/3 the size and cost less than a high priced spotting scope?

If your going to shoot long range, you have to know how far the target is!
Range is the very first stage to making hits and knowing what your rifle will do.
even if you walk your hits into a target the info is useless next time you shoot.
We go out into the desert and shoot rocks, first thing needed is a good/dependable range.
Once you have a dependable range everything else just falls into place.

Cam
Old 06-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member

If your lookin to shoot prairie dogs past 500 yards the 35&3/4" Wild is the range finder your lookin for!! Heck the glass is only 11x but the quality is so good I even use mine for a spotting scope. Ranging prairie dogs is a little tricky past 1500 yards but a single fence post or marker can be used to range much father. Nope I aint backpacking it anywhere but anytime you can set up your shooting bench its handy to have set up right beside it.
LMK has a fair price on these if they come with case,instructions, calibration bar and both tripods. Very few would be disatisfied with a Wild!

The meter problem is easily colved with a convertion chart
Old 06-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Gold Member

"LMK has a fair price on these if they come with case,instructions, calibration bar and both tripods."

Do they come with those items?

Last edited by RockZ; 06-27-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:45 PM

I was out of town all week and couldn't measure the Wild until last night and Cam is absolutely right, they are almost exactly 36" long and just over 2" diameter for the main body.

I have a British made unit that is also of excellent quality and is shorter than the Wild, but very similar in function. I did not want to leave a mis-statement stand and cause any possible confusion for those who might be interested and aren't as familiar with the unit as Cam.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Silver Member

Mach V
Shooting any dogs? How is the shoulder?

Good conversion chart or just use meters with your drop! Then there is nothing to convert.
Setup your chart and gun with the wild then who cares if its meters. as long as you know your drop in meters your set.

Cam
Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 PM

Rock Z,

They have everything except the long tripods. They have original manuals (a lot better than the crappy photocopy I got with my first one).

These are in the best shape of any I have seen, the body of the instrument, the leather straps and "can" they come in is in excellent shape, better than any others I have previously seen. . They have the calibration rods and short tripod but oddly the cases were not set up with the leather holder for the long tripods as others I have seen so it seems these may never have come with them. They also have a dial for precise movement of the tripod head when adjusting the split image.

All things being equal I will take the micrometer tripod adjustment on these over the longer tripod.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member

For the guys in the NE, the PA 1000 World Open is 11-12 July at Williamsport PA (Trout Run really) and there is normally at least a couple Barrs and Stroud Range finders and sets of Big Eyes for sale.

BH