Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Optics For Sale

Optics For Sale Including mounting systems

New way to edit thread title to show **SOLD**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 01:42 PM
PUBLISHER

New way to edit thread title to show **SOLD**

This is very easy to do.

In the CLASSIFIED sub-forums, we have set it up so you can edit thread titles.

New way to edit thread title to show **SOLD** is the thread title for this post that you are reading right now.

If you are the starter or author of a thread in the CLASSIFIEDS sub-forum, you can now edit its title.

The purpose is to enable you to say SOLD in a very noticable way. I suggest to place the word **SOLD** to include the asterisks at the very beginning of your own classifieds thread title.

DO NOT change any other words in the thread title.

Here is how you do it. Go to the starting page for the sub-forum where your thread is shown along with the other thread titles.

That looks like this:

New way to edit thread title to show **SOLD**-thread-edit-1.jpg

Then find your own thread on the sub-forum page. In my case it's New way to edit thread title to show **SOLD**.

Place your mouse cursor about 1/2 inch to the right of the last word, in my case: **SOLD**". In doing so be careful not to touch the thread itself or all you'll accomplish is to open the thread itself.

Then double click and you'll see a wide box open up which includes all the words in your thread title. Go to the beginning of the thread title and add **SOLD**.

When you are done with adding **SOLD**, just touch your mouse cursor anywhere outside the white text box and you'll notice that the white box closes up again. You are done.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Re: New way to edit thread title to show **SOLD**

Thanks Len for the quick fix as its amazing how many posts are sold and the person responsible does not notify the rest of us. Let's hope it will change behavior
Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Bronze Member

I would also recommend that everyone puts the current asking price in the title as well (and keep that up todate as it changes). A lot of times I am just clicking into the sale thread to see how much and then exit again (a lot of unecessary server banging ;-)

And I would say that would be the way to go on the other for sale forums. Just my two cents!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum41 View Post
Thanks Len for the quick fix as its amazing how many posts are sold and the person responsible does not notify the rest of us. Let's hope it will change behavior
Its amazing to me how many idiots dig up a post thats over a year old that says "SPF" and still want to know if its for sale or even post I'll take it.

It would sure be nice if we could actually edit the post so we could state that more clearly in the description too.