Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Optics For Sale

Optics For Sale Including mounting systems

New Leica Geovid HD-B Binos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Silver Member

Re: New Leica Geovid HD-B Binos

so will the these models you have, have the G7 program in them or will that be another year or so? curious so a guy doesnt buy early model and regret not waiting for later model. and also do these binoculars do what the G7 will do as far as just fire, get range, get wind hold, and get moa/yard hold ? and can you validate your trajectory on the fly like G7 and NF pda programs? or is everthing kept on sd card so if everything is off a little do you have to call it a day and go back home, plug your sd card into your computer and change it a little then go another day and do it all over again? there new so nobody knows anything wich sucks cuz its real handy too have bino/range in one set up.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Bronze Member

Talked to Leica reps at Sportsman's Expo in Salt Lake and looked at the Geovid HD B's. Very cool. They told me it would be June until they are available and to get my order in now. The little curve in the palm swell is actually kind of nice to hold onto. As has been previously noted, you load your info onto an SD card and put it in the bino under the battery I think they told me. The angle compensation will Not work under 100 yards and the range button is on the right hand side where it should be. I'm sure they will sell the hell out of them.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:37 PM

Binos work great. as far as I can tell the only difference between the leicas and the br2 is that the br2 will tell you wind dope. the leicas do read altitude/pressure, angle and temp, and will give hold overs in inches, clicks, and moa. it is infact the g7 ballistic software that is used to program the sd cards for the geovids. you can find it at leicas website. heres the link to the program to set up the geovids, notice the powered by g7 logo. G7 Flash Ballistics
Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Bronze Member

Will they give drop in mils, or just moa?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:08 AM

it will give drop data in equvilant horizontal range. drop in inches or cm. clicks for 1moa 1/3moa or 1/4 moa, and 5 or 10 cm graduations.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Silver Member

They also will not provide rangeing data beyond 800 meters. And it is not exactly the same as the BR2/G7. This is directly from Gunwerks.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 PM

They WILL provide custom ranging data out to 1000 yds trust me i have a pair. The 800 yards is only for the pre programmed ballistics curves. And also your right, they are not the same as the br2, their binos also.