Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Optics For Sale

Optics For Sale Including mounting systems

Camera Land Special Purchase 80mm Spotting Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Gold Member

We just acquired a slamming deal from Vortex.
You love a product with excellent performance. You hate paying the extra cost for a label. Well...recently the factory forgot to attach the label on this Vortex Optics 20-60x80mm spotting scope , and now you will remember the substantial savings on this fantastic deal. The Camera Land Special Purchase spotting scope may be missing the label, but not the performance. This surprisingly compact 80mm scope has all the desired optical features needed to deliver impressive light transmission, color resolution, and edge-to-edge sharpness. Completely protected under the legendary Unconditional VIP Warranty from Vortex Optics.
Specs:
Magnification 20-60x
Objective Lens Diameter 80 mm
Field of View 114-51 feet/1000 yards
Eye Relief 17-14 mm
Close Focus 20 feet
Weight 44 ounces
Weatherproofing Waterproof/Fogproof
Price: $199.99 in your choice of Angled or Straight
Please feel free to call with any questions.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:47 PM

Re: Camera Land Special Purchase 80mm Spotting Scope

Doug,

I am in for this but I am not sure how to order this special. When I go to the demo page this one doesn't come up. Can you give me a link to the special?

Thanks,

Frank

Never mind, I found it. Thanks.

Last edited by FiremanFrank; 03-07-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Figured it out
Old 03-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Gold Member

Camera Land Special Purchase spotting scope
Old 03-08-2009, 05:45 AM

Thanks Doug,

I ordered one and thank you for letting us know you have them on sale.

- Frank
Old 03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Gold Member

Frank,
Thanks for the support. If you would not mind, after you check it out please post a review here so we all know your thoughts on it
Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM

The spotting scope arrived today and I gave it a quick look. The cover for the objective end could be better designed as I could see it being lost if you are not careful. It is similar to the ones they have with camera lenses and I prefer those that are attached to the main body in some way. Small critique and nothing I can't live with.
The scope came with a cover that allows the scope to be used while protected. That is one very nice thing to have and the cover at the objective end has a spot of velcro that holds the cover open. Very nice and well thought out.
The power ring (zoom?) that allows you to go from 20 to 60x seems a little stiff but works okay. At 20x you can wear glasses comfortably but when I turned it up to 60x I found it easier to take my glasses off. The scope has a very good near focus as I was looking at a fly at 30 feet and he was very clear. The lenses seem very good and at the $199 special price point I can't imagine anything else being even close.
I compared this scope against my old reliable Bushnell Spacemaster (made in Japan) 15-45X 60 mm model. I live on a marsh with a good mile or so with nothing but grasses and water. There are some houses at a good distance to the side of and on the other side of the marsh. I looked at trees, houses, roof tops and street signs and the Vortex was brighter, clearer and easier to look through. I imagine a Zeiss or something would be better but at this inexpensive price I think it stands alone.
The box says Vortex Nomad 20-60x 80mm and the spotting scope itself has no name on it. It does have the Vortex symbol on it though but hey, if that saves me money I am okay with it. All in all I think this is an exceptional value and I am glad that I was able to participate in this special purchase.

- Frank

I'll add some photos of the scope Monday to those who want to see what it looks like.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

Well, I decided to order one. The VIP warranty is impressive. We'll see!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!