Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Free Classifieds - Buy or Sell > Optics For Sale

Optics For Sale Including mounting systems

Bausch & Lomb Balscope Sr. Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM

Bausch & Lomb Balscope Sr. Set

For Sale 2 B&l Balscope Sr.'s With Turrets By Frank Meisner Co. 15xler,30x,60x Eye Pcs I Purchased From The Original Owner They Are Practically New And Come With Original Tripod Mounts I Have 1 Original Box 1 Owners Manual, 1 Orig Box For Mount Also You Will Not Find A Better Original Set In This Condition Glass Is Super Clear And Bright, Make Me An Offer If Your Interested, Thanks For Looking, Pics Are Available I Would Like To Sell The Whole Set Together Also Ryan Mccarthy
Old 05-21-2008, 04:51 AM
Gold Member

What Do You Want For These???

What Do You Want For These???

Gimme A Figure On What U Would Be Looking For For Everything
Old 06-23-2008, 08:07 PM

Beware of this seller, my son bought a rifle from him and it was sent to us so poorly packaged that the bolt handle was broken off of the bolt during delivery.
He promised it would be properly packaged and it wasn't.
He said he would insure it...rifle was purchased for $1500 and only insured for $1000.
When we asked him for help with the claim he basically told us too bad he had spent the money and was done with the deal.
In one e-mail he insinuates that he owns Canyon Motor Sports in Gaines PA if you go there for a motorcyle be sure to beware of Ryans business integrity.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Silver Member

cigna""" thank you for that info would hope no one else falls into his scheme

light bulbi think ryanktm17 should be called out to defend himself ....

cigna63 would you post his address incase he uses a different user/screen name here or another board[s]... [or Email it to me]
Old 06-24-2008, 12:04 PM

Rifle

As in all cases there are two sides to this story, I have kept in contact with the actual buyer of this rifle (not his father) and have been trying to help him resolve this issue. I took the rifle to a reputable gun dealer to have it shipped in perfect condition to be packaged and shipped and insured by the dealer. I cannot controll what happens to the package after that. I was told first by the customer that purchased the rifle (not his father) that his dealer told him the bolt was sticking through the box, another phone call he stated the bolt was broken completely off!? If the package was in this condition it should have been refused by his dealer. I find this extremely hard to believe. I dont see how any bolt or remington long action cannot be replaced or repaired for the insured amount of $1000.00 In my defence I took the rifle to a reputable dealer as stated, paid to have it shipped and insured USPS as I have in several other cases. I was very dissapointed to hear of any damage to the rifle. I think you and your son should get on the same page since I have been in contact with him almost every day since he recieved the rifle trying to help the best I can. Since I paid USPS to have it shipped and insured through them they are responsible since the rifle was in the condition your son and I agreed on and made the deal for. Just this morning we were in contact and I gave him all the info has asked for and have always replied to any type of contact he has tried to make with me. Ryan
Old 06-24-2008, 02:50 PM

Olio Tutto wrote
Quote:
cigna""" thank you for that info would hope no one else falls into his scheme

light bulbi think ryanktm17 should be called out to defend himself ....

cigna63 would you post his address incase he uses a different user/screen name here or another board[s]... [or Email it to me]
Ryan McCarthy
447 West Branch Road
Galeton Pa 16922
Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 PM

Ryan,
My son started writing to you about this while in Kuwait after having completed a year in Iraq with the US Army. Since he is only 19 and didn't have any experience buying over the internet I tried to talk him out of buying such a high price item over the internet due to the possibility of dealing with a non-ethical person. Since my son has returned home I have either written every e-mail or suggested what my son should write to you. I have also seen all of your e-mails and he told me what was said when he talked to you on the phone so we are definitly "on the same page".

As the seller you should be responsible for the rifle until possesion is taken by the buyer, but in your opinion your responsibility ended when you gave it to your dealer.

We realize that we are now on our own and will do what is necessary to get the rifle repaired it's just too bad that my son has to see first hand that you can't trust everyone on the internet. And since I saw that you were selling more items on this site I just thought other people should know how "ethical" you are before dealing with you.

BTW...Are you really the owner of Canyon Motor Sports like you insinuated in an e-mail to us or are you only an employee of the place and used their name to try to legitimize yourself so that he felt better trusting you.

Last edited by cigna63; 06-24-2008 at 08:32 PM.