Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Humor

Why Carry A Gun??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Gold Member

Why Carry A Gun??

Why Carry A Gun??
To all you fervent unbelievers in the Second Amendment: I would rather be your friend, but if you are not interested in that, I am prepared to be a capable and efficient enemy.
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
These are the rules:
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun, cause a cop is too heavy.
4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
5. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do carry a .45?". The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a .46."
6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "NO Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle."
8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
AMEN!
To this I will add, I was once heard of a lady asking a family if I they a gun in the house.
To which the homeowner said yes. She said "well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!"
He said, "of course it's loaded, it can't work without bullets.." She then asked, "Are you that afraid of some one evil coming into your house?"
The reply was, "No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching afire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED."
This is The Gospel
Old 01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

philny1; good stuff. Sounds like a redneck manifesto. Wish I knew how to spell fatwah.

Thanks, Tom

A big fast bullet will beat a little fast bullet every time