Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Humor

Trust Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Trust Land

Im sorry for your loss Tom. You and your family will remain in our prayers. Having a dad like yours is not something every little boy has. So remember the good times and the love he shared, and time spent with his ''Sonny''. From what Ive learned, reading your posts, you have some great memories to look back on.
He sounds like a great man that will be missed. Im sure his adventurous spirit lives on. Just look at your occupation, and the accomplishments youve made. In some way or another, Id bet it could be tied in with how you were raised, and time spent with your dad. Sounds to me like a man who left his mark on the pages in history, and raised his family accordingly. No Fear, and full of adventure. I am sorry for your loss.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Unread 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Gold Member

Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Chokes me up a bit. My dad passed at 63. It was tough, damn tough.
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member

Tom,

I notice in the 1st picture the date was 65' and Dad looks so indestructable and in the other photos he looked like a content and happy Man who worked hard to provide, hunted, fished, loved, nurtured and cared for his children. Hold on to those memories my friend and not those of the past few days.

From above I think your Dad would tell you

"Grieve not nor speak of me with tears...but laugh and talk of me as though I were beside you.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. God Bless.

Chas
Unread 03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Platinum Member

Specweldtom,

Just a quick note to let you know your not alone. I too had a Dad that drank and like you out of it I inherited some of My Dad's better qualities. It's a blessing that he came to terms with it and reconciled with the family. I also want to let you know that judging from your post it doesn't sound like your bitter or resentful and I admired that because I know the toll it may have taken.

Chas
Unread 03-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member

LRSickle, chokes me up a bit too as do listening to Veterans interviewed in documentaries and such. Don't know why, and when I was much youger tended to worry about it but, as I've aged I don't question it anymore and except that that's who I am. Like Tom's Dad, mine served in WWII, would be 88 next month but committed suicide with a 308 at the age of 52., and Mom to cancer in 98' at age 73... And your right...tough, damn tough.

Last edited by Chas1; 03-26-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Unread 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Silver Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kind words. I realized today that I'm not worried about him, I know he's much better off. I'm just going to miss him. We used to reload ammo together and test fire it on nice days. For several years, I kept all my reloading equipment at my folks place. I would go out to the garage and load some ammo and pretty soon I'd hear Dad coming out to see what I was up to. He'd usually sit down and just watch for a while before making conversation. Often, if he was purchasing a new product, he'd also get me one too.
Every time I go in my loading room, I think of him. I'm glad though, since he will always be in my thoughts. Thanks again for listening to my babble.

Tom
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Platinum Member

roaddog1m, it isn't babble. talking about it, is good therapy.