close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Humor

Trust Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Trust Land

OKI'll wait for the next episode.
    Unread 03-08-2010, 02:16 AM
    Silver Member

I scored two drunks last night an hour apart! Been doing reports. Called to Little Moreau Park today to investigate a report of dead animals thrown off a bridge into a creek. Found 13 dead coyotes (not skinned) and 11 dead deer, (skinned and quartered) one turkey also.
    Been there at least a week. Tomorrow meeting with GFP officer to try to get them all out of the water as they are polluting the river. My only clue: one Old Millwaukee beer can. (old milhonky)
    Fireformed some 6mm-06AI brass today across my chrono. 100gr. Sierra @ 3200fps. Shoots under an inch while fireforming. Using RL17 and seem to have some room. Retumbo is too slow. 49gr with 105 Berger got me 2705fps. I might try the Retumbo with some 115gr Bergers or something heavy like that soon.
    Ya, by the way, I can do all the fireforming and testing i want while on the clock! I can't hunt out of my patrol vehicle but I can scout and practice.

Unread 03-08-2010, 03:19 AM
    Platinum Member

Why do you suppose someone/s would throw 11 dear into the water...why wouldn't they just dispose of the remains in a normal fashion?
    Unread 03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
    Silver Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
    Why do you suppose someone/s would throw 11 dear into the water...why wouldn't they just dispose of the remains in a normal fashion?
    Good question! There is an empty park dumpster about 75yds from where they were dumped off the bridge. I spoke to a tribal game warden today (this was a state park) and he told me that there was a coyote calling contest two weeks ago south of here about 40 miles. He said that there have been a few dumps like that and one off a bridge in the Cheyenne River Valley.
    I love coyote hunting(that's obvious) but if some knucklehead dumped his yotes off a bridge into the river, I'm going to have to sick my dog on him. There are thousands of places to dump dead carcases where you can then use them as predator bait or something. Why polute a river? Idiots!

Tom
    Unread 03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
    Platinum Member

Why folks can't walk the few extra feet to a dumpster or trash can is beyond me. I see it all the time folks just open the door in a parking lot and dump it on the ground when there's a trash can yards away. +1 idiots...lazy too.
    Unread 03-08-2010, 06:17 PM
    Silver Member

The unfortunate thing is that we have trouble re-zeroing our mental state and then give off the attitude that people so dearly hate about cops. I'm just another human and after messing around with Lazy idiots like that for too long, sometimes the wrong person gets the brunt of your attitude. Usually a family member. I don't see any quick fix and the people who can do it successfuly have my respect.
    Tomorrow the GFP guy will bring a trailer and pair of waders. Then a couple of us will get up on the bridge with a rope and pull each carcus up, one at a time and load it onto the trailer. I'm not looking forward to it.
    On the brighter side, at least the snow is melting and things will be picking up in prairie dogville, SD. I'm soooooo jacked!!! Got issued a new pair of Nikon Binoculars and I have a new barrel/caliber to blast at the long ranger p-doggies.
    Last year I took a .22 rifle out with me and started out popping shorts at them. The are nearly silent coming out of a rifle barrel. After that I moved up to the LR ammo and then up to 22-250. A fun time was had by all! Well...maybe not the prairie dogs. But I had a great time!
    Unread 03-10-2010, 03:41 AM
    Silver Member

Orville called me tonight. He was working a roll over accident along I-29 and a semi came barreling in and also lost control (fire trucks and ambulance already on scene) and he wiped out Orville's patrol car. I had one wipe out one of mine in 2003. I just don't know what to think about truck drivers!

Tom