Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Humor

Trust Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Trust Land

3,099 VIEWS, & 118 COMMENTS!!! Those numbers dont look too small to me. KEEP GOIN. I think if the ''BIG Doggs'' (Len, and the moderaters SS7MM etc) didnt want it theyd have edited it or said something. Lens post entitled ''Please Read'' was aimed at off topic and political/religious things that get under peoples skin as far as I can tell. He wants us all to play nice, and we should. I really dont know how this post would offend anyone. Were all here to learn, and share helpfull hints and info/advise to make eachother better shooters/marksman. A little humor at your favorite hang out(L/R/H) doesnt detur people, it keeps em here lookin up and down the boards for advise or answering questions others have. Its kind of a break-up in the world of guns that we all seem to eat/sleep/ and live. Your story speaks our language and gives us something to look forward to when theres just the same ol same ol on the boards. Usually the same ol same ol doesnt take long to change, and theres one that grabs your attention, and were back at it again.
I love learning stuff here at L/R/H! Its the only place a guy can find some of the information theyre lookin for while being treated decent and with respect. Its the first and only forum Ive ever belonged to. I see no reason to look anywhere else when I get everything from advise to like minded humor in one place.
I hope if Len was irritated he would have said something by now. Please keep it going unless someone tells you not to Roaddog. thanks TJ EWING

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Unread 03-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Silver Member

Chas1 that line was out of "Full Metal Jacket" (an American Classic by the way) But in answer to your question, no, I was in the Navy. I did however work for a Gunny for a while though. I worked with a Marine Cadre for a while toward the end and we had a mean little Gunny that was hard as nails. Made us shoot while he followed us around with a bull horn in our ear all the time! "on your belly, on your back, next shooting station MOVE!"

I have to be a little more careful using names because it's about to get good.

Thanks for the compliments by the way. I'm not used to that kind of treatment. LoL

Tom
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:20 AM
Platinum Member

Roaddog,

I'd say just on the basis of what you've posted here that somebody will publish a book for you, and they'll sell. If I could afford them, I'd buy several and give all but one for gifts. This reminds me a lot of the books I told you about by the retired Houston Homicide cop. Once you start reading, you just can't put them down.

Great pictures of a good looking K-9 officer. How old is he now, and how's he doing? Seems like he ought to be in his prime right now. I read up on them, and unfortunately they only have an average 10 - 12 yr life span.

On a happier note, maybe you'll get a chance to feed him a child molester.

Best regards, Tom

A big fast bullet will beat a little fast bullet every time

Last edited by specweldtom; 03-02-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Unread 03-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Platinum Member

FMJ-own the dvd and watched it numerous times. In fact sometimes when I need a fix I watch the squad bay scene in the beggining.

Thank you for your service while in the Navy. A fine organization, rich with history. I love watching any documentaries with either Halsey or Nimitz in it.

USMC 70-74 Sgt.
Unread 03-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Gold Member

If this doesn't get approved for forum, put me on your off-forum email list.
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Silver Member

Hey guys, check out this vid! 90% of these dogs are Maligators (Belgian Malinois) Pay attention to what happens at 7:15

Enjoy
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

Wow cool video. ''Chopper...Sick Ba**s!'' haha. So whats the stick for. Is it just there so the guys gettin ripped apart have some comfort/confidence to do it again? I kinda missed the point of the stick I guess.
Find your marble yet?

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"