Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Humor

Of RODEO & SHOOTING & Moms...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Of RODEO & SHOOTING & Moms...

I never could ride anything that bucked worth a damn!! Started trying it as a youngster, and wasn't any better at it 10 years later.

I always thought the guys that could go the full time and then still land on their feet were pretty cool, I just plain sucked at it........Always landed on my head and walked around not knowing where I was for a couple of hours

I did rope for alot of years though, still do on occasion. Won a few buckles even, and I still have all ten. Grandpa always said to keep my thumb up, pointed at the sky and I wouldn't loose any fingers thata way. He also said the fastest way to loose your fingers is to be looking at the horn instead of where the steer is going!! He had all his fingers, so does my dad.

But, a Real Cowboy can do both. Rope and ride Broncs..........we'll see what kinda guff that stirs up

Last edited by SBruce; 07-08-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

Same with me tried rough stock and just donated my money to the guys that were good. I never could buy a catching rope my ropes were all throwing ropes. Still play around with horses and probably always will.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:12 AM

hahahaaaa....
we still have a couple horses and a mule , dont need to chase anymore cows ?
and as far as bronc's ... not into hitting the ground , very seldom landed on me feets !!! hahaha and anymore if'n i get thrown ? if im still alive ? i just look up and hope the s.o.b. dont step on me !!!! no more jumping up and saying im cool ? im fine ?? but they do really come in handy to get ya way back in and carry out that animal before they spoil !!!!! ill hang on to them as long as i can !!!!