Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Humor

On Rappel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member

On Rappel

Safeway is out of food. There are no twinkies and milk left and I have eaten up all the crows I killed and canít get out to get some more. Down to less than half a case of beer and things are getting desperate. I found a bag of 13 bean soup in the kitchen cabinet and decided to put some of it out for bait. In order to get a good angle of fire on the bait, I had to clear a shooting position on the roof. So I rappelled out of the bedroom window with my milspec SF sniper school snow shovel and made me a shooting position. It had been some number of years since I had done any rappelling but after tying off to a number of different body parts I finally settled for around the waist.
The range to the squirrels will be 23 meters. I have a cosine angle of 53 degrees so Iíll have to correct the ballistic chart for my Crossman 760 which has a muzzle velocity of 625 fps. It is very important to make a kill with every shot. The neighbors will take a dim view of a squirrel crawling across the top of the snow in their yard its intestines hanging out leaving blood and goop every where.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: On Rappel

Now thats funny! make sure you have some alternate escape routes incase of a full on squirl assult. Covering tracks in the snow takes alot of effort. I here they have been funded recently by bunny huggers and bleeding hart neighbors for an all out rodent revolt. Watch your butt and trust your gun!
P.S. Where can I get one of those '' millspec snow shovels?!?!'' haha

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 02-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member

BB,
THATS IS THE CORRECT SPIRIT!!!
WAY TO GO.
Just be careful, a fall in that roof would not be a nice experience.
Show us a picture of the tree you are shooting at, I mean a picture of the hunting area
Good luck with the one shot kill squirrel hunt.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

On Belay..

Hey BB,

I was in your AO on Monday, figured you were still snowed in...

Hang on we're getting more tonight. If it ends up the way they're calling it, we'll have had about 5' since Saturday.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Silver Member

So that's what you look like! It's good to put a face to a name...happy hunting! 30-338
και ο μη εχων πωλησατω το ιματιον αυτου και αγορασατω μαχαιραν... Luke 22:36
Jesus said "...and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one" Luke 22:36

Jack Webb lectures the Prez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4r6YCUtxfs

How to pray for the man in the White House
Psalm 109:5 http://bible.cc/psalms/109-8.htm