Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Humor

Deciding to Take a Stand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 10:28 PM

Deciding to Take a Stand

It's finally happened. I'm a peaceable sort of guy. But I've finally reached the point where I have to take a stand. The politicians and lawyers have gone that step too far.

I was okay with the banning of semi-auto rifles and magazine amounts. After all, Man has been hunting for years with just one shot, maybe even getting along with six shots in a revolver. It's not like I'm at war, right? I just want to pop a few downrange ever so often, or go for a walk in the woods and look strong and determined. You can do that with an old bolt action just as easily as one of them ugly black contraptions.

When they took the next step and limited ammo to just 50 rounds per year, no big deal. Any time I tried firing more than that, I usually burnt myself on the barrel - it's just common sense. And I sure saved on ammo cause who could afford the $5.00 tax per round anyway?

Only use black powder and round balls? Felt more like getting a chance to relive some Daniel Boone moments, actually.

But this latest move. Someone's gonna pay hell for this! No more synthetic blades for my spear? Gotta use actual real flint that I've mined myself? Now I'm pissed. It's like I've been telling everyone all along. It's just a matter of time before someone ruins everything and takes away our fundamental rights to hunt and defend ourselves. Light the torches, I'm marching on Washington tomorrow! It's time to take a stand and put a stop before it's too late!!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Deciding to Take a Stand

Ain't it the truth. Did you have a hard time choosing between the humor, and political forum.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:30 PM

Nope. Had this one simmering on the back burner for a while, but ran into an old friend who actually found most of that true for him. I'm just trying to get some more fence sitters off their butt and not take for granted the liberties we have.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Bronze Member

Why not burn suck a tomato first. fixing komifornia would go a long way, to helping the rest of us.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:34 AM

I got the sentiment on fixing this state, yeah, there's a lot to change! I'm still working on 'burn suck the tomato'. Can't quite figure that one out.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhulesAu View Post
Why not burn suck a tomato first. fixing komifornia would go a long way, to helping the rest of us.
?????? New one for me.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Bronze Member

Kapitalia! He-He!!