Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Winchester Low Wall support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Winchester Low Wall support

Long Range,

I have recently acquired a Winchester Low Wall rifle in 218 Bee. I want to know if there are discussion forums specifically directed at the low wall and high wall rifles?

I also want to know the leading gunsmiths that specialize in the low wall weapons. I have contacted Ballard rifles, they are in the process of moving at this time so are not up to speed at this time.

Somewhere I saw where there was a gunsmith that provided low wall services to include such things as conversion to center fire, supplied hardened falling block bolts, etc.

Thanks,

John D. Holp
Old 11-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Silver Member

low wall support

I have a friend that is a gunsmith that does fantastic work on them. He lives in extreme rural Minn, so rural he doesn't have access to a phone. If you are interested, I can get you an address to contact him, and he'll give you a call when he next goes to town.
wk
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who's face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 AM

Minnesota

Small world, I grew up in North central Minnesota. A place called Pequot Lakes, up in the lake country.

I get up that way every year or two, so yes I would like the address and would enjoy knowing where this person is and perhaps schedule a visit up there on my next visit.

I am relatively sure there are discussion fourms on the Winchester 1885 low and high wall weapons but have not located them as of now.

John
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Silver Member

low wall smith

Sorry for the wait. His name is Dr Robert Mordini. He can be reached at:

Wilderness Workshop
330 County Road 14
Grand Marais, MN 55604

Tell him Bill from Hays sent you.
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who's face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt