Intellectual property? That's funny. Especially to an Italian.
There are tons of patents out there. All way to complex to be sensible. I doubt any have been tried.
Two noted shooters back in the day, can't recall their names, but on the order of Keith, Ackley, etc., did work at Ogden Utah, now Hill Air Force Base.
I started with the 338 RUM then moved to the 270 Allen Mag.
First step was to drill the flash hole. Then tap it. Attempted to keep all things straight.
Next was to cut the flash tube to length. Length was to have the tube end about 1/8" below the seated bullet.
I then cut notches in the tube front end to seat the tube with a flat blade screw driver.
There were no holes along the tube. I wanted ignition to initiate at the base of the bullet.
Hang fires came with too much empty space behind the bullet. I was a bit sensitive to what may happen with a full charge considering apparent load density change due to volume of the tube.
Powder used was US-869 with some unwarranted concern for powder dropping down the tube. Turned out to be a non- apparent problem.
- Using pipe thread on the tube end results in a tapered thread. Thus the first couple of threads are shallow. This wouldn't seem to have sufficient thread to hold.
- Tighten the tube against a flat surface as the way a muzzle brake is indexed.
I used super glue, devcon, metal putty etc., none of which worked.
When the tubes remained after the shot, as much as a 1/2 turn was necessary to tighten them.
Oh, another thing that I neglected to mention was that the drop in ES nearly brought tears to my eyes.
You now have all of my information.
I'm figuring that if a hint of possible success is let loose around this outfit some one will pick it up and run to the next level. Then maybe someday . . .