close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

What custom receiver for Edge?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Gold Member

What custom receiver for Edge?

I am planning on building an Edge soon and have started to gather parts. I don't have a receiver to build on and I think I might go with a custom. What custom receivers would work for this build? I want it to be a 700 footprint, repeater, with extended mag box. I don't need bells and whistles, just something usable for a hunting/ rock busting application. Thanks for your input, Cinch

http://www.coppercreekammo.com/

You only live once. So spend 15 hours on the Internet everyday, desperately seeking validation from perfect strangers...

"The Internet...the only place you can be what you want to without having to do it..." EHG

Unread 08-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Gold Member

Re: What custom receiver for Edge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinch View Post
I am planning on building an Edge soon and have started to gather parts. I don't have a receiver to build on and I think I might go with a custom. What custom receivers would work for this build? I want it to be a 700 footprint, repeater, with extended mag box. I don't need bells and whistles, just something usable for a hunting/ rock busting application. Thanks for your input, Cinch
Nesika Bay Precision is back online again. They've just received a large inventory of materials. 60 day lead time on delivery.

Nesika - Manufacturer of World Class Bolt Actions and Rifles - Offical Site

Good luck.

Chad
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Bronze Member

Depending on your price range that you are looking in Stiller Tac 300 is a really good action that runs a bit less $ than the nesika
Unread 08-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch-34 View Post
Depending on your price range that you are looking in Stiller Tac 300 is a really good action that runs a bit less $ than the nesika
+1
The TAC 300 is a good value for the money.
Unread 08-14-2009, 07:44 AM
Silver Member

I have read good things about the Surgeon Actions. From their site, you can get one with all of the 'smith work done, including the M16 style extractor. They do use a 700 firing assembly which may or may not be some guys cup of tea.
Unread 08-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Gold Member

Man, there's some nice looking stuff out there. It's hard to pick one without really handling one.

http://www.coppercreekammo.com/

You only live once. So spend 15 hours on the Internet everyday, desperately seeking validation from perfect strangers...

"The Internet...the only place you can be what you want to without having to do it..." EHG
Unread 08-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Silver Member

Maybe Shawn will weigh in here on why he chooses to true-up the Rem actions versus using one of the 'hybrid' versions that are based off of the 700 but are machined with better materials with tighter tolerances. I have been kicking around having something like this done too on an Edge.