Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Trigger pull weight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Silver Member
Re: Trigger pull weight

A response from the dunce corner here. It sounds like something is binding the firing pin when a cartridge is loaded into the chamber. I agree with others that it is not digesting something you are feeding it. You well may have to do a chamber cast to determine what this rifle was made into. I have a 600 and the triggers on them are somewhat adjustable and I have mine down as low as possible without it being a slam-fire special, and it doesn't change pull weight whether loaded or empty. That is a real poser.

Unread 07-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Gold Member

The shoulder angle might indicate that it is an Ackley Improved cartridge, but I've never heard of a horrible/different trigger pull while normally fire-forming. It sound like the issue has to do with the bolt itself though, of course the firing pin shouldn't be affected unless the bolt's cocking mechanism is.
Red mist. It's an addiction!
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the input guys, I told my gunsmith what its doing and the first thing he said was "something must be putting pressure on the bolt" BUT until he gets a look inside he cant say for sure. I told him to let me know when he finds something out. I dont want to bug him but as soon as I hear I will let you all know. THANKS AGAIN!!