Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

Trigger pull weight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: Trigger pull weight

A response from the dunce corner here. It sounds like something is binding the firing pin when a cartridge is loaded into the chamber. I agree with others that it is not digesting something you are feeding it. You well may have to do a chamber cast to determine what this rifle was made into. I have a 600 and the triggers on them are somewhat adjustable and I have mine down as low as possible without it being a slam-fire special, and it doesn't change pull weight whether loaded or empty. That is a real poser.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Gold Member

The shoulder angle might indicate that it is an Ackley Improved cartridge, but I've never heard of a horrible/different trigger pull while normally fire-forming. It sound like the issue has to do with the bolt itself though, of course the firing pin shouldn't be affected unless the bolt's cocking mechanism is.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the input guys, I told my gunsmith what its doing and the first thing he said was "something must be putting pressure on the bolt" BUT until he gets a look inside he cant say for sure. I told him to let me know when he finds something out. I dont want to bug him but as soon as I hear I will let you all know. THANKS AGAIN!!