Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Gunsmithing

trigger advice beretta 96fs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Silver Member

trigger advice beretta 96fs

I want to do some trigger work on my Beretta 96Fs 40 caliber handgun. The trigger travel is to long on shear,cam,travel. I tryed to get a comp. trigger set from Brownells but they can:t ship me one to Canada. I see that the hammer, springs,shear, cam, are all different than the ones in my gun. What I want is to feel the point of firing on the trigger, now it justs slides off. If I hone a little bump on the end of the cam is this what I should do to get that feel I am looking for or is there another way?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: trigger advice beretta 96fs

It's been a while since I worked on a M9 basically a 92FS. Is yours DA/SA with the decocking/safety mounted on the slide?

I don't know how much help I can be. If yours can be cocked and fired SA, I would stick with that route. It's been proven faster and first shot hits improve firing SA for the first shot. As long as it's a safe trigger, and the SA pull is okay, I woulldn't worry much about the DA.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyGP View Post
It's been a while since I worked on a M9 basically a 92FS. Is yours DA/SA with the decocking/safety mounted on the slide?

I don't know how much help I can be. If yours can be cocked and fired SA, I would stick with that route. It's been proven faster and first shot hits improve firing SA for the first shot. As long as it's a safe trigger, and the SA pull is okay, I woulldn't worry much about the DA.
Hello BigSkyGP Yes it has the safety on the slide its a Brig. model. I have the Armorer:s course,maintenance & technical video and the 92 series tool kit from Brownells so I have been doing the frame up cleaning maintenance. It keeps the trigger pull smooth and action crisp. But since I put the Burris Fastfire on, I really notice how long the trigger pull is and was trying to figure out a way to make it better. A low mass drop-in trigger pull set from Brownells wood be nice, but I need a export, import permit and only God knows what else to get one. I need to talk to a smith who orders from Brownells to see if he can get me one. Have a Good Day
Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Silver Member

Are you shooting in a discipline, or practice that requires you to fire the first shot Double Action?

How is the Single Action trigger pull?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 PM

You may wish to ask this question here: Beretta Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Old 04-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyGP View Post
Are you shooting in a discipline, or practice that requires you to fire the first shot Double Action?

How is the Single Action trigger pull?
Hello BigSkyGP I do shoot targets at 25yd to 100yd with a bench rest after 25yds depending on my day. I don:t shoot DA. The single action trigger pull is to long no feel of hammer release.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLAW View Post
You may wish to ask this question here: Beretta Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Thanks SDLAW Iam going to check it out.